• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One for the ladies

a2jacketpatches

Fifinella, two versions, super difficult with the fine details of the face. the last part to do on this patch and the most tedious. If I screwed it up I'd have to go through hell to salvage it by pulling apart to replace key parts. Luckily, all went well.
Fifi005.jpg

Fifi004.jpg

Fifi002.jpg

Fifi001.jpg

CBI

Great work Sean as always!

Last time I panted FiFi was for my daughter's kid size A-2:

IMG_3767.jpg

a2jacketpatches

Nice aging paint and nice jacket. Where can I find one. I'd like to keep my boy in one through the years as he grows, or in several would be more like it.

a2jacketpatches

Hand guided machine stitch, it's basically bypassing the presser foot and teeth undrneath stretching to where I need it to be. Kind of risky, I probably should use a nice thick thread and hand stitch.

EMBLEMHUNTER

VERY nicely done work on "Fifi" , I did several hand painted ones of her for various people and the facial detail is the most invovlved on them , but it is a very cool patch to do !
Johnny
I have a question about the background "disc" color on the patches, I have seen "Blue", White" and "Red" for this color background and am curious as to which is the "True" color for it ???????????????

I saw one in the 8th AF musuem in Georgia that was an "original" and it had a white disc background , some also had the unit number and field on the disc too, I assume there were "variations" just like a lot of the Sqd/Group patches had .........................

a2jacketpatches

Wondered that myself, The only official patch I know of is the small blue one. She is completely within a blue disk as opposed to this design where she is larger than the disk. I saw the red, blue, and pink, but not sure if they might be individual Squadrons or something. That's why I made half a dozen Fifis that can be applied to whatever.

bseal

Terrific! Here is Urbaniak's version on a Good Wear in Seattle. The other two are originals.

JessicaGWsmile.png

Fifinella_original_patch.jpg

fifinella_original_patch2.jpg

a2jacketpatches

bseal said:
Terrific! Here is Urbaniak's version on a Good Wear in Seattle. The other two are originals.

JessicaGWsmile.png

Fifinella_original_patch.jpg

fifinella_original_patch2.jpg

Nice photos, thinking I should put one on red. Anyone got input as to the background disk color variations?

art of a2

I've seen the background in blue before but the background certainly looks better in red and probably true to the originals..

a2jacketpatches

mindful said:
I WOULD LIKE TO BUY MY WIFE AN A2 or B15C WITH THIS PATCH IT LOOKS AWESOME ;)

I've got three Fifis left ready for the backing color of your choice. If anyone wants one let me know, otherwise I'll be making a red, blue and another pink for Ebay within the next few days. 155- through Ebay, 140- here. The two in this post were listed at 8pm and sold by the time I woke in the morning, so i don't think they'll last long.