• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Obituary for Nashville EDWIN and One O'one B. LEE

ties70

Nashville Edwin and One O’One B. Lee, two close friends that kept my behind warm and comfy for the last years, died this morning. Edwin was 5, LEE almost 10.

Being of Japanese ancestry, both jeans were deeply devoted to the “American Way of Life”. They both represented fine craftsmanship. Lee was my entry into selvaged denim, while Edwin –already being the jeans brand of my childhood- added the “dry denim” to my experience.

The cause of their untimely departure from this world was burn-out-syndrom, followed by extremely weak fabric and disintegration of vital areas like crotch, leg cuffs and side seams. Several attempts to cure these problems were taken over the past 18 months, but in the end to no avail.

Their aesthetic, a deliberate marriage of East and West, will surely be missed. As last photos taken on their death beds show, Edwin and LEE went down in style.

The footsteps they left for their descendants are big ones:
LEE is survived by his twin brother One O’One B. II, his younger cousin One O’One Z. Lee and his grandchild One O’One “37” B. Lee. Edwin died too early to meet his grandchild ED “47” Edwin.

EDWIN:
Edwin_2.jpg

edwin_back.jpg

edwin_5.jpg

edwin_4.jpg

LEE:
lee_1.jpg

lee_2.jpg

lee_3.jpg

lee_4.jpg

Deeply grieving

Ties