• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nr Mint Spiewak A2

Roughwear

Here are the pictures from the Ebay auction. There was a lot of interest in this jacket as A2s in this condition are extremely rare.The jacket is currently held in a local Parcel Force depot waiting for me to pay the customs charges, which I will do once I receive the Parcel Force invoice, which has been delayed by the UK postal strike! It would appear to be a size 44 from the seller's measurements. Fortunately I have a pristine label from a rotten Spiewak jacket which I bought cheap for the parts!

01-01-A2.jpg

01-18-A2.jpg

01-06-A2.jpg

01-04-A2.jpg

01-05-A2.jpg

01-09-A2.jpg

01-10-A2.jpg

01-11-A2.jpg

01-13-A2.jpg

01-14-A2.jpg

01-15-A2.jpg

01-19-A2.jpg

01-20-A2.jpg

01-21-A2.jpg

And here is an original label to complete the jacket.
005-35.jpg

greyhound52

Andrew,
Excellent buy. Looks like it is in great condition with no rot. I had a 44 Spiewak in simlar shape however, one of the shoulders was a bit dodgy (to use an English term). These can be great jackets and fit a bit like a Doniger long in the body. The GS on mine was very thin compared to the Doniger GS. I heard about your postal strike. Got to be maddening that you can't get your jacket due to that.

George

Roughwear

Yes the postal strike here is a real nuisance. I asked the seller to ship to my school, which is now closed for half term, so I will have to wait another week to get the Parcel Force invoice and get the jacket delivered. Unfortunately without their 17 digit number I can't pay the charges and get it delivered to my home address. There really should be a simpler way to do this, such as using the tracking number to link to the customs charge facility on the PF website. :roll:

From the photos the GS appears to be in excellent shape. I have a size 42 Spiewak which i will sell when this one eventually arrives.

Jason

Ye gads, thats in amazing condition. Do you mind us asking how much you ended up paying for this object of desire?

Roughwear

Jason said:
Ye gads, thats in amazing condition. Do you mind us asking how much you ended up paying for this object of desire?

Much less than I had expected to pay taking into account how rare Spiewaks are in this condition. :)

Wow!! That really is nice. this may be a dumb question, but are you going to wear it? I know I would, but maybe you want to keep it looking new.

fedoralover

Roughwear

fedoralover said:
Wow!! That really is nice. this may be a dumb question, but are you going to wear it? I know I would, but maybe you want to keep it looking new.

fedoralover

Good question. I will wear it occasionally, but tend to wear repros as daily wearers for obvious reasons.

Baron Kurtz

Nice one Andrew. A quick stitch and that wee hole in the ribbing should history.

Re: customs. I don't know about your Parcelforce sorting/delivery office, but mine has a very nice man who will put through my payments over the phone before my invoice has arrived, if i'm really desperate for a package. Give your guys a call and maybe they'll be helpful too, given the circumstances (Parcelforce hate the strike as much as many of the public do).

bk

Roughwear

Baron Kurtz said:
Nice one Andrew. A quick stitch and that wee hole in the ribbing should history.

Re: customs. I don't know about your Parcelforce sorting/delivery office, but mine has a very nice man who will put through my payments over the phone before my invoice has arrived, if i'm really desperate for a package. Give your guys a call and maybe they'll be helpful too, given the circumstances (Parcelforce hate the strike as much as many of the public do).

bk

Thanks Paul, I'll give them a ring on monday and see what I can do.

Roughwear

I collected the jacket this morning from the PF depot. It's in fantastic condition-no rot, just signs of light wear. I will post some pics of the jacket being worn shortly.

TankBuster

Great jacket indeed! I was watching this one, but I thought it might be a tad small for myself!
Glad a forum member got it!

Roughwear

TankBuster said:
Great jacket indeed! I was watching this one, but I thought it might be a tad small for myself!
Glad a forum member got it!

I would say its a generous 42 or a small 44. what it was originally tagged its a good military fit and very comfortable to wear.