• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Now THAT'S an Expensive G-1

m444uk

So, is it a Foster 7823a ?

2w650c0.jpg

3w308c0.jpg

Kennyz

Andreart said:
looks tiny.

Looked small to me as well, but the Cape Cod Times states that the jacket is a size 44. The article also describes a bit of the jackets history - Here's the link:

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs. ... /301290333

BTW - at the link about the jacket Andrew provided earler, it said under the pic that LBJ had also worn this G-1....that surprised me since he seemed considerably larger then JFK.

Ken

Kennyz said:
Andreart said:
looks tiny.

Looked small to me as well, but the Cape Cod Times states that the jacket is a size 44. The article also describes a bit of the jackets history - Here's the link:

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs. ... /301290333

BTW - at the link about the jacket Andrew provided earler, it said under the pic that LBJ had also worn this G-1....that surprised me since he seemed considerably larger then JFK.

Ken

For multiple reasons...I cannot imagine LBJ ever wearing that jacket. I have definitely seen many more pics of RFK wearing the jacket then any JFK pics. The nicest pic of RFK wearing it is the cover photo from an older printing of Robert Schlesinger's RFK biography;
51PZ1Q0QAFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Kennyz

chancerider said:
For multiple reasons...I cannot imagine LBJ ever wearing that jacket. I have definitely seen many more pics of RFK wearing the jacket then any JFK pics. The nicest pic of RFK wearing it is the cover photo from an older printing of Robert Schlesinger's RFK biography;
51PZ1Q0QAFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
[/quote]

Thanks for the pic...RFK looks great.

Ken

Estancia

From catalogue:

Leather Bomber Jacket, Manufactured by Ralph Edwards Sportswear for the UNB Bureau of Navel Weapons; Contract No QM(CTM) 214-C-62. Size 44. with sewn patch of the Great Seal of the President.

Kennyz

Estancia said:
From catalogue:

Leather Bomber Jacket, Manufactured by Ralph Edwards Sportswear for the UNB Bureau of Navel Weapons; Contract No QM(CTM) 214-C-62. Size 44. with sewn patch of the Great Seal of the President.

Thank you Estancia!

Ken

a2jacketpatches

I lived in Yarmouthport for many years and once bought a WW1 overseas cap with Roberts signature, the writing was dead on compared to one I found online. He must have signed it for the guy during a parade or something.