• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nose art pin up decals

dujardin

many thanks Peter

really cool and interesting.
i saw the one Jerome paint on my jacket but she is in reverse side.
but i will probably buy one or maybe two....

byeeeeeeee marcel

Andrew

Thanks for this link Peter, they're great- I wonder where he got them all from.... I think i've found one i've been looking for to help with the reconstruction of the art on one of my Jackets. Would anyone happen to have a scan of the girl middle left? I can't copy a high res image from the auction just this tiny one.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hawaiian-Decor-Pi ... m153.l1262

The owner of the jacket served in the ETO which would suggest that they probably wouldn't have a Hawaiian chic but perhaps this one was the inspiration for a Euro version of the same pose- that is unless there was another version done. Then again, it doesn't matter since most weren't wearing much anyway I suppose.

miss.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

In photoshop tracing over the original artwork.... It's got to be her or her sister....

0902116HitsandaMisscopy.jpg

Bit more photoshopping... She has to be the one.... It's only a guess but it would have been a stunning jacket in it's time.

0902116HitsandaMissplusmiss.jpg