• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOSE ART painting on canvas from GI CLUB WWII ?

This is a 5 x 7 ft canvas with painted nose art ?. Perhaps from a club from some base. Anyone recognize the artist or art style? trying to find out its history. nail holes around the edges meant it was nailed up somewhere.
MARIO J CASTRO is our best guess. Anyone know of a nose art museum?

thanks

Just posted to ebay w/ a BUY IT NOW / MAKE AN OFFER.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0349453814

Stony

I know the seller. He used to have a vintage clothing store in Seattle, but shut it down a few years ago. He has several painted A-2s and lots of G-1s. I'll have to contact him and see what he's got.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Stony said:
I know the seller. He used to have a vintage clothing store in Seattle, but shut it down a few years ago. He has several painted A-2s and lots of G-1s. I'll have to contact him and see what he's got.

Stony, west-seattle posts here as levisandleathers.

AUCTION OVER: ORIGINAL NOSE ART painting canvas WWII.

OK... auction is over for the NOSE ART. NO one stepped up with a bid. So lets see if
anyone here on VLJ wants it. Make a bid if it works for you.

too big for me to hang and enjoy.

cheerio

dan

Stony

ps: How do i tell who is who in the zoo? someone mentioned knowing me, but
i have no idea who they are except their VLJ name.

I came to your warehouse about 4-5 years ago and looked at all the flight jackets you had in boxes. We've also corresponded via phone, but it's been a couple of years. I used to work at the Museum of Flight and you wanted to sell us flight jackets to sell in the museum store.

(aka Wilson)