• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NINE-O-NINE JACKET ART FOR PILOT

A

Anonymous

CBI-John introduced me to an administrator for the 91st Bomb Group, she was looking for someone to do jacket art for a pilot. The pilot was Ted Skawienski who flew the 100th mission on the NINE-O-NINE. He is 92 years old and wears a size 48 Cockpit jacket, he is still 6 feet tall, and talks on the phone like he's in his 60's, his wife is from Argentina and is in her 60's. I will start the Skawienski diet tomorrow. Ted got the WW2 pilots discount for this work 150.00. I thank John for feedback on jacket painting, as I have had my own personal fails ie, paint peel. The jacket was done with brush except for trace lines on the face and bomb (for those who think brush painting is important, realistic, whatever) as I have no clue with airbrush. I did find it more time consuming painting on goat, I like a flat hide to paint with brush. The jacket will have new association Group and Squadron patches, so no aging on this one.
485.jpg
525-1.jpg
529-2.jpg

CBI

Nice work Mark!

Glad you were able to make time to do this one!!!!!!