• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice Original Art Work On This A-2

Roughwear

I was wondering whether the artwork on the back is post war. I know vets sometimes had their jackets painted after the war. The art work on the back of this one may have been done more recently to inflate the sale price of the jacket?

jacketimp

Roughwear said:
jacketimp said:
yeah got a rocky hard on drooling over the GREEN britain...........gonna squirt!

Language my good fellow! This is a family forum! ;)

oooooooops sorry ..........let me try again.......

love green britain..............

:mrgreen: imp

A

Anonymous

Roughwear said:
I was wondering whether the artwork on the back is post war. I know vets sometimes had their jackets painted after the war. The art work on the back of this one may have been done more recently to inflate the sale price of the jacket?
How on gods earth would you know, I paint patches on leather, that b-17 does not look like it was aged within a week to intentionally drive up the price. But I know nothing so I defer to the god's. The squadron and group patch look painted at a different time.

Roughwear

p40warhawk said:
Roughwear said:
How on gods earth would you know, I paint patches on leather, that b-17 does not look like it was aged within a week to intentionally drive up the price. But I know nothing so I defer to the god's. The squadron and group patch look painted at a different time.

Are you are the seller of this jacket then?

A

Anonymous

Roughwear said:
p40warhawk said:
Roughwear said:

Are you are the seller of this jacket then?
No, have no clue who owns it.

jacketimp

p40warhawk said:
Roughwear said:

good point there......also the name and wings looks out of sync with the rest of the jkt.....

Chandler

jacketimp said:
drooling over the GREEN britain.

I could be off base, but the last I checked my atlas, that was Germany.

But maybe the crooked cross is influencing my perspective.

Chandler

jacketimp

Chandler said:
jacketimp said:
drooling over the GREEN britain.

I could be off base, but the last I checked my atlas, that was Germany.

But maybe the crooked cross is influencing my perspective.

Chandler

hey, you could be right.

that makes me a crossed-eyed imp......... :oops: