• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice GW Werber 44”

johnwayne

Hi all, Im watching with no real intention of bidding but nice looking patched GW Werber 44” on ebay UK site from London seller starting at £250! Heads up for a poss bargain (but doubt it) before bids end mid next week. Somehow couldn't find the link to include here!!

johnwayne

I thought the same re nearer a 40-42 and emailed seller as sleeves not shown so asked for sleeve length which is 24” from s/seam to end of knit, base of collar to bottom waist knit 25” - did say he didn't buy new.

Sideslip

The other dimensions seem to fit a 44 though? Shoulder to shoulder is 20" and according to the GW website, the Werber is cut wider at the shoulders I think (note to self - I need to get the Eastman A-2 identification book). Out of curiosity, would the holes where the patch is attached be very noticeable if the patch were removed?

johnwayne

Almost certainly, much of course dependant on the tension set on the sewing m/c used but you’ll definitely see a circle of stitch holes - even after nearly 80 years my original Dubow still shows name tag and patch shapes!!

ausreenactor

I put on the first bid with 90 mins to go. Expected to get rolled. Interesting to see I had 10%VAT to pay as well? Hmm .. will have to check other Ebay UK lidtings...

Sideslip

I put on the first bid with 90 mins to go. Expected to get rolled. Interesting to see I had 10%VAT to pay as well? Hmm .. will have to check other Ebay UK lidtings...
I thought that with the vaunted Boris FTA with Australia there would be no VAT or import duty. VAT is 20% here in UK so 10% May be on Australia (or eBay found another way to charge us !).

i was watching this one and a French Platon Dubow but got ambushed by time critical work problem calls and could not throw any bids in time . Maybe they will turn up here.

Rutger

They do VAT. Not on everything, not on books f.e. Nice, 10% inflation, just like that...... Thanks Brexit, goodbye ebay UK, after the goodbye to ebay USA.
Recently had to pay an extra fee to postal services "for determining import charges". About 5 euro's.
Still wondering what Value is Added for the Tax I pay....

ausreenactor

Hell no. The bids came in soon after mine. Have an Early BK Werber.. so wasn't pushing hard.

Back at eight A-2s... not sure how.