• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice Fit

Clark J

They must have been out of the correct size for the guy doing the hand flying!
7th_a47115_micky_moore_men.jpg

fishmeok

No, No, that's actually Clark at a reenactment, about 25 years ago before he got married and had a kid. Now the jacket fits him perfectly... :lol:
Cheers
Mark

better duck

I guess this what happened when he was in line at the quartermaster's and it was his turn: "Please Quartermaster, could I have a jacket a bit larger, as I like some layering underneath my jacket. I´m always a bit cold you know, when sitting in the plane, and I expect all the more so when we get to the cold skies over Europe . So pretty please .....
Well, he got his jacket - and was sent to the PTO.

Atticus

He looks to be an old fart...and I'm here to tell 'ya...old farts like loose jackets.

AF

havocpaul

Somewhere there's a short stocky guy stuck in a tight-fitting A-2...don't get dressed in the dark in the barracks!

CBI

notice the guy far right, also looks big, the guy on the left "trim" fit.

Yes, my grandfather worked for the Army Air Corps spending his days boiling flight jackets and then putting them by the dozens of into giant steam engine running dryers. This was done in order to made our boys look so cool as to intimidate the enemy. :eek:

Truth be told, my grandfather was a career USMC'r served in the P.I before the Japanese invasion and later Iwo Jime among other joyful activities. Sorry, a bit off topic. :)

USMC_GAU-21

So I would like to hear from the folks on the forum here what a "good fit" is? These Airmen are wearing their A-2's with their flightsuits the way they are suppose too. They look fine to me. I guess I do not have a trained eye on "proper" fit while wearing a USAAF/USAAC flightsuit. :?: :?:

I agree with Atticus, I asked for a few sizes bigger when I was issued my G-1 in 1986. I knew I would not be in "boot camp" physic my whole career and I wanted it to fit. (graduated at 155 lbs dripping wet, and I can tell ya.....that ain't the weight I am today....)

When it comes to USMC uniforms, like the Marine Dress Blues, or the Summer Service "C" uniform there are regulations on exactly how they are suppose to fit. Like, "Form Fitting", I.E. we could have it tailored to fit very tight. Drill Instructors always had their uniforms tailored to exacting specifications....

But "Organizational" Clothing, Flight Gear, does not have any regulations when it comes to fit. Just safety concerns. Like you "must wear your gloves over your flightsuit with your sleeves rolled down", "Jacket zipped up" "Visor down during all flying operations"

So what is "correct fit" while wearing the clothing during Military operations? Or....correct fit when we wear the gear whilst driving a certain car with our A-2's?

Just wondering....... ;)

Gy

Weasel_Loader

The "correct fit" is the one that makes you happy. ;)

The A-2 is designed to be a trim fitting jacket. All the good repro makers (GW, ELC, Aero, etc) replicate that trim fit very well. The problem is, a lot of us are older than who they were designed to fit and much beefier. :lol: Thank god with a little bit of exercise, I can have a decent fitting A-2 now. ;)