• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice Aero A-2 at the swap meet today...

ButteMT61

Asking too much, but it was a nice jacket. Surprisingly, there were roughly 12 nice, legit vintage A-2's today - Aero, Dubow, Perry. and one no-name. Most were in pretty decent shape like the one below. ALL were overpriced (IMO)
Wondering if anyone knows the patch shown? They wanted $1400 for this one. Of course you expect to haggle some, but for me, it's not my size, so I'm not interested in trying to flip it as there doesn't seem much money left to be had.

IMG_3973.jpg

IMG_3972.jpg

dmar836

Wow, what swap meet? We don't have those around here.
I feel that patch has oil and stitching that doesn't match the patina of the jacket but that's just my opinion. Just to see 'em out there is great.
Dave

ButteMT61

dmar836 said:
Wow, what swap meet? We don't have those around here.
I feel that patch has oil and stitching that doesn't match the patina of the jacket but that's just my opinion. Just to see 'em out there is great.
Dave

The patch has a second set of stitching holes, but it appeared to have been on the jacket a while - which of course could be 30 or 40 years and still be old. It was an odd day - usually you'll see one or two, and there's a set of vendors (dealers) that are always there selling premium products at premium prices. This was a unique day. And a nice spread of contracts too! There was also another Aero in a 46, but priced too high as well. The Dubow was beautiful, but a 38 and had minor liner issues. Again, priced too high.

ButteMT61

I should have taken pics of all the A-2's today. Didn't think about it until I saw this one. All but one, had they been in my size, could be worn. A couple needed some new knits, and two needed new liners. Two had new liners and new zips. Quite odd to see so many, but to be fair, it is supposed to be the biggest swap meet "in the world" and it held at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. It was actually the best one I've seen there in years. Maybe lots of folks needing to sell things, or getting into the biz with a bad economy and vintage being so popular today...

Almost bought this Soviet jacket for my son - but the vendor is waiting to see if he wants to sell 'er. Never seen one before, and it's in great shape - just missing a couple buttons.

IMG_3982.jpg

IMG_3981.jpg

Peter Graham

ButteMT61 said:
I should have taken pics of all the A-2's today. Didn't think about it until I saw this one. All but one, had they been in my size, could be worn. A couple needed some new knits, and two needed new liners. Two had new liners and new zips. Quite odd to see so many, but to be fair, it is supposed to be the biggest swap meet "in the world" and it held at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. It was actually the best one I've seen there in years. Maybe lots of folks needing to sell things, or getting into the biz with a bad economy and vintage being so popular today...
Sounds fantastic. I'd love to have been there. Did you buy anything ?

ButteMT61

Peter Graham said:
ButteMT61 said:
Sounds fantastic. I'd love to have been there. Did you buy anything ?

Nothing in the jacket realm. None my size. See above though - almost got the Soviet jacket for my son. I picked up an Aero Highwayman last night for me in Steerhide. Always wanted one, so... :)

dujardin

it seems you had a coooool stay there

what an excitement to saw so many jackets, so many vintage cloth, aso...

as Peter said, i wish i'd be there

thanks for the coollll photos

marcel

MikeyB-17

I was quite surprised to see an 8th AF patch in tooled leather-I always understood that was a Mediterranean theatre, and Italian in particular, thing. Nice patch, but I also think it was put on post-war.