• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Vanson Motorcycle Jacket

OneEyeMan

Just received my CSR2 http://vansonleathers.com/product_pages/jackets/csv2_mk2csrv.htm and I have a question for those of you who own Vanson Moto jackets.
This is my second one; the first I foolishly sold to a friend when I thought I wanted to get out of motorcycling.
Even though I don't own a bike now, I will again soon.
Anyway, I used the Vanson Bucks promotion to save $100 on this jacket.
Back to the point of this post.
My first Vanson was super thick cow hide.
This one is slightly thinner and lighter.
It will break in and be more comfy in the long run, though.
Workmanship and finishing is impeccable, if anything, better than the last one.
Just wondering if anybody else has noticed variations in their leather thickness?
Lenny

Harlock

OneEyeMan said:
Just received my CSR2 http://vansonleathers.com/product_pages/jackets/csv2_mk2csrv.htm and I have a question for those of you who own Vanson Moto jackets.
This is my second one; the first I foolishly sold to a friend when I thought I wanted to get out of motorcycling.
Just wondering if anybody else has noticed variations in their leather thickness?
Lenny
This forum is for discussion of vintage and classic leather jackets. You'll get a better response posting elsewhere.

mtds

This forum is for discussion of vintage and classic leather jackets. You'll get a better response posting elsewhere.
The sub-forum list says, There are many, many cool motorcycle jackets out there-from vintage Buco, Trojan, Indian, etc., all the way to the current offerings from Aero, LW, etc.

"The current offerings from Aero, LW, etc." Maybe we can make room on this very quiet forum for this Vanson owner?

I've a new Walter Dyer "Brando." Not expensive, rare, vintage, or exclusive. Anyone interested in some pics of it, just to pass the time?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
mtds said:
I've a new Walter Dyer "Brando." Not expensive, rare, vintage, or exclusive. Anyone interested in some pics of it, just to pass the time?

Sure ..... go for it. ;)

The-BrandoLarge.jpg

Vcruiser

OneEyeMan said:
Lenny

Lenny
Vanson does have a medium weight cowhide. They also have a medium weight hide that they call "Firenze".
Van

Vcruiser

Harlock said:

I don't know where you get that idea....?
We've always discussed vintage....repro utility and moto jackets of all kinds. This topic contains photos and posts of many different leather jackets. Trouble is....during summer months...some of us aren't as active on the forum.
Van

Harlock

Vcruiser said:
Harlock said:

We've always discussed vintage....repro utility and moto jackets of all kinds. This topic contains photos and posts of many different leather jackets. Trouble is....during summer months...some of us aren't as active on the forum.
Van
I actually found this forum in the first place while trying to find an alternative to Vanson and Joe Rocket. Isn't this for the discussion of vintage leather jackets, and jackets built in the tradition of the classic jackets?

The original poster would get a better response on a modern sport bike forum. That's all I'm sayin.

watchmanjimg

Harlock said:
Vcruiser said:
Harlock said:

Van
I actually found this forum in the first place while trying to find an alternative to Vanson and Joe Rocket. Isn't this for the discussion of vintage leather jackets, and jackets built in the tradition of the classic jackets?

The original poster would get a better response on a modern sport bike forum. That's all I'm sayin.

Actually, his question was answered fairly quickly. Seems as though there's plenty of information right here.

OneEyeMan

[/quote] Lenny
Vanson does have a medium weight cowhide. They also have a medium weight hide that they call "Firenze".
Van[/quote]
Thanks Van.
I knew about the Firenze, but not the med weight cowhide.
I called Nicole at Vanson and she verified that it is indeed their Competition Weight (thick) leather, the same thickness as the earlier jacket I owned.
It's obviously a slightly different tanning process, I guess, that makes it much more supple, which tricked me into thinking it was thinner leather.
Nicole also made the same observation that the newer jackets seemed more supple.
Plus, it has the nicest semi-gloss sheen I've ever seen.
Lenny

Hey "One Eye Man" I have a Vanson and they make a real decent jacket. I use mine for my "Patch Jacket" and I have to say it has a really nice "Gun Pocket" that will carry concealed with out an issue.

I checked out the version you bought and looks like a good riding jacket. Good Luck on your search for a new bike.
Post some shots of your jacket just for grins..

Wilbur

Harlock said:
OneEyeMan said:
Lenny

I like the moto jacket threads. There are a lot of us on this forum that ride motorcycles and love moto jackets. Now that I have pretty much all the A-2s G-1s M-422as and A-1 jackets that I could want I have turned my attention to collecting vintage moto jackets.

Yeah I check this section out first even though I have a number of civilian style jackets and owned too many A-2's Aero and G-1's Lost Worlds. I have owned a couple of Vansons as well too. The patch Vanson is covered in HD and GD patches including the Green Bear that matches my bike sort of.