• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Pattern A-1

fishmeok

This is a different pattern I'm trying based more on a Doniger type body and sleeve. It has sewn-in sleeves which are rotated more than most A-2's and like an M-422A or a G-1 (sewn in means the sleeves and body are sewn closed before they are joined together. On most A-2's you leave the body side panels and bottom sleeve open, then sew the upper sleeve to the body, then close the body side seam and bottom arm seam in one long stitch). Makes for a more comfortable jacket and more normal "reach" with the arm slightly rotated up and forward. I made smaller A-2 style pockets, lined with liner material and used some nice seal lambskin I found. This one is a 44 and will be up for sale in a bit after I change the snaps. Thought I might like the silver. I was wrong.
Cheers
Mark
CompDown016.jpg

CompDown018.jpg

CompDown019.jpg

CompDown021.jpg

CompDown022.jpg

CompDown023.jpg

CompDown024.jpg

CompDown026.jpg

fishmeok

Thanks- it's a soft lambskin, really nice stuff, but pretty much a one off deal. I tried a few different things like offsetting the pockets a bit and making the back of the pocket flap with the cotton lining material like the originals and also on inside of the pockets like a 422A (were the original A-1 pockets lined?) I have some dark seal (almost G-1 dark, but with a brown undertone) goatskin that I will be using to make an A-2 later this month. My first goat jacket! I'm pretty pumped.

Cheers
Mark