• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New MA1

Ian C

Hiya,

Just recieved my D-Spec MA1 xl through the post. Only thing is it's a bit short. Does anyone know if there was any variation of length between makers etc or is that it? (24in from neck to collar base)
The knits are a bit moth-eaten but I've managed to get a brand new woolen set to replace the originals.

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

deand

Very nice, Ian! Search around the Nylon board category and you will find some threads on nylon maker variations. I know they did vary a bit. I don't think I would change out those knits, unless you really can't stand them. I think the worn parts give it character, unscoring the vintage naturre of your jacket, similar to a scuffed up A-2!

dean

Atticus

There was a thread here about MA-1 size not long ago. My experience has been that the early E-series Alphas are the largest and longest of the MA-1s, but other people expressed different opinions. Still, I think most of us would agree that MA-1s and L-2Bs are both fairly short jackets, regardless of make or model. They were designed to be worn with one-piece, high-waisted flight suits and often feel short when worn with jeans.

AF