• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Irvin B. Foster Sptswear Co. in my collection

anthonyhie

Hello Guys !

I Was lucky again to find this excellent condition G-1 Flying Jacket made by Irvin B. Foster Sptswear Co. It is a B series, a rarest spec 7823B. This contract is DSA-1-435-C-62, from 1962.

The goatskin leather is supple & very well aged. The jacket is all genuine. The mouton collar is perfect and has a great shade with fading. Knits are still good, with small imperfections. The Conmar zipper works perfectly.

The lining is in very good condition.

No patches were attached to it, free of stitch holes.

IMG_8620.jpeg
IMG_8622.jpeg

IMG_8624.jpeg

IMG_8625.jpeg

IMG_8626.jpeg

IMG_8631.jpeg

IMG_8632.jpeg

IMG_8628.jpeg

IMG_8634.jpeg

IMG_8635.jpeg

Another one in my collection.

anthonyhie

My G-1’s
2 from 68 with and without patches
The Martin Lane with leather patches
The Brill Bros (2nd from the top) is NOS
2 from 62 with and without patches
The Irvin B Foster S with TG patches was the first I bought…
The second Irvin B foster will not be patched neither the Brill Bros

Attachments

• IMG_8641.jpeg
    IMG_8641.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 85

B-Man2

Great jackets Anthony !!
Original 1960s thru 1980s G-1s are out there at ridiculously low prices. This is the time to buy them and hang onto them. How many times have we said “If only I had bought a bunch of A2’s back in the 1960s when they were readily available “ . Well this is the time to take advantage of their availability.
Just sayin .

anthonyhie

Great jackets Anthony !!
Original 1960s thru 1980s G-1s are out there at ridiculously low prices. This is the time to buy them and hang onto them. How many times have we said “If only I had bought a bunch of A2’s back in the 1960s when they were readily available “ . Well this is the time to take advantage of their availability.
Just sayin .
Thanks @B-Man2
I like the way that they all different in terms of leather properties.
For example, the 68’ Martin Lane has a very thin leather compare to the 68’ Brill Bros which is very thick.
Also the shape of the collars are different on the Irvin B Foster, the shape of the most faded one doesn't look symmetrical compared to the second one…
As a result, there are significant variations despite the expected standard specifications of the milspec.

ZuZu

Great jackets Anthony !!
Just sayin .
Agreed but I'd stay away from the cowhide/Dynel versions. Just not as cool and not really worth big money IMO.

CBI

looks super -notice how many navy jacket posts there are right now. kind of a current emphasis here.................