• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New ELC Rough Wear B-10

Hawkeye

I ordered myself an ELC B-10 a little less than two weeks ago and it showed up today. First impressions: As always a well built jacket, with great attention to detail. The shell feels similar in weight and thickness to a Buzz, perhaps a bit softer. The brass Talon runs very smoothly but has a very strange looking lime-green tape to it. I dont mind at all since its hidden but its a colour I would never have expected. The shoulder decal is well applied and identical to the one Buzz uses. The knits feel fairly substantial so i'm hoping they'll keep their shape for a while. The collar uses a very, very smooth and soft feeling mouton which is a dark brown colour. Inside the left pocket is a white tag with the size, and the number 250, would this mean this is the 250th ELC B-10 made? All in all I'm very pleased with the jacket, and I've finally found the fit I've been looking for in a B-10. Between the Buzz Roughwear and the ELC, I would definately go for the ELC. Choosing between the ELC and the old Real McCoys Japan jacket is tougher, they both are accurate copies of fairly different looking contracts.

Chris217

I agree, for a B-10, ELC is the way to go!

Here's mine after a few years wear and a trip to the dry cleaners.
JaciesBirthday021.jpg

JaciesBirthday022.jpg

dav3469

Hawkeye:

What do you think of the Alpaca lining? I will definitely have to wear long sleeves with mine as it seems I am sensitive to the lining. seems like a thousand needles in my arm.....

I am anxious for the cooler weather to give it a good go.

I am currently on Holiday's down under, and considered bringing it. Glad I did not. Has ranged up into the 30's C. in the places we have been!

Andrew

dav3469 said:
Hawkeye:

What do you think of the Alpaca lining? I will definitely have to wear long sleeves with mine as it seems I am sensitive to the lining. seems like a thousand needles in my arm.....

I am currently on Holiday's down under, and considered bringing it. Glad I did not. Has ranged up into the 30's C. in the places we have been!

Are you still here Dave? I just posted about the weather in LBTI- did you bring it with you or something?

Hawkeye

Dave, I'm fairly used to alpaca by now. I wouldn't want to wear it bare-chested but I'm perfectly fine with wearing a t-shirt under it, its no worse than wearing a real wool sweater. I've been trying to get some pictures up but my camera doesnt want to connect to my computer.

dav3469

Andrew said:
dav3469 said:
Hawkeye:

Are you still here Dave? I just posted about the weather in LBTI- did you bring it with you or something?

Hawkeye:

I don't think I will have a problem either as long as I have at least a long sleeve t-shirt underneath. Looking forward to some cool weather to try it in. Of course the 101 F on the thermometer and the ranging forest fires don't seem to be indicating a cooling trend!

Andrew:

Made it back on Friday. I was able to escape the family "goings ons" for part of one day and made a dash up to the Sunshine Coast. I was able to squeeze in both the QAM, and the Museum at Caboolture. Enjoyed both, but it was a quick trip as I had a sister in law and my wife with me to ensure I "kept track of the time" so I was back for a family BBQ!! I was offended that they seemed to think that Vintage Aircraft may have diverted my attention to the point of being late for my third or fourth family "do" of the week. ;)

Oh, and no did not bring the B-10 with me. Glad I didn't. As matter of fact the SORD hard shell I brought didn't get used once either. Even in Sydney. I had to go out and get a lightweight zip fleece from a SLSA shop. Anything else I was roasting. I loved looking like a real live tourrrist the whole trip. :lol: