• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new Californian

Happy Hooligan

Just got it tonight!

It's just about exactly what I've been looking for. Short utility jacket, front quarter horse, bi-swing back, half belt, side adjusters, actually fits me and my ape-like arms, all ready broken in, and it's real, not a reproduction.. ah vintage...

It's hanging up now with about 3 pounds of Pecards Aantique Leather Dressing on it, soaking up all that waxy goodness.

In a few days after a good rubdown and drying I'll take the "After" pics.

Cost $123.00. Lining is shot in places and two cuts in the leather, but to me that all adds the charm and mystique...

3076110103_4cf5e5b6ab.jpg

front

3076941908_e78bf490b8.jpg

back

3076942740_b5c2faa265.jpg

tag

3076111205_f333f79be8.jpg

zipper and grain

3076111327_f6f1593431.jpg

more grain

Happy Hooligan

the seller missed the size tag in the chest pocket... I bought it just on his measurements it's a generous size 44!

Just wiped off the last of the pecards... It's all dark for right now and looks almost new...

also found a cool feature of the button cuff, they're reversible so you can button them left or button them right depending on how you like it...

Jamesp

Lovely old jacket.

well done.

I have something similar but without the bi-swing.

Also a short jacket and the belt is very high. All my label says is 'horsehide'.

James.

Happy Hooligan

James, I've always like that jacket you have...

Here's what mine looks like after pecards 24 hours and about a weeks worth of wear. The distressed areas are starting to show up again as I wear it. Amazing stuff Pecards as it almost made the jacket look like new again...

3129090888_f73f7bca2c.jpg

3128263483_916f3dc378.jpg