• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need your expertise: Martin Lane L2B

Thomas Koehle

Gentlemen,

i got an offer for a L-2B and need your opinion on whether the jacket/patches seem to be "real" or not:

10h4FSE.jpg

lV22v2U.jpg

gwAzqjq.jpg

X7lGpVW.jpg

Please let me know your opinion

Cheers
Thomas

Flightengineer

The patches are definitely original. But together on one jacket - it’s bit strange that these are two patches of different units, the B-52 and the special operations forces, which used completely different aircraft such as C-123 or Spooky.

Pilot

The patches are definitely original. But together on one jacket - it’s bit strange that these are two patches of different units, the B-52 and the special operations forces, which used completely different aircraft such as C-123 or Spooky.
Dmitri is right.. however… it might be that the Air-Commandos saved one or more of the crews of the 28th BG… hence they exchanged patches..
Not unusual ( exchanging patches after a SAR mission ) during the Korea/Vn/Irak wars.

Thomas Koehle

Thanks Dmitiri and Brice for your opinion.

I just bought the jacket - it is the same age like i am and obviously a original. The overall condition looks reasonable to me for a 60 yrs old jacket and the size should be OK (as long as i do not gain any extra weight).

The pricerange was similar to a reproduction which made it impossible to refuse especially with having your feedback in mind.