• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need info (price estimation) on AIRBORNE patch

dujardin

hello all

i have different projects
for that; i need cash.
so i decide to sell some patches i collected all those years.

i have one that i may consider as cash maker, maybe i'm right, maybe i'm wrong.

is there someone here having enough knowledge in AIRBORNE patch to help me

505PIR breast patch

505pir1jpg001_zps86bcf07a.jpg

many thankssssssssssssssssssssss

a2jacketpatches

Probably worth a decent buck, looks to be a good felt one but I'd like to see the back. Several sites out there that would love to see this one as well. An original 506th goes for 600- easy, so be careful with this. If I was selling it, I'd put on Ebay, that way the market would take it away, and the knowledge would come out of the woodwork. You'd know in a day what the story was.

a2jacketpatches

I would have expected a cheesecloth type backing but it still looks good to me. Another consideration is that it appears to have been displayed in the open pinned to a board for quite some time. Patina has settled on the top of the patch and there's three pin holes. Can't find another example to compare, but maybe someone here can put a link to this thread in the USMF, the guys there could help you in a heart beat I'm sure of it and you'd probably get immediate offers. I haven't been on in a while and I'm not familiar with their new format.

dujardin

yes, he was on display on my wall

i think i could try to wash this patch ; what do you think ?????????????

i'm registered on this forum, but it's a long way i did'nt visit them.