• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Navy G-1

Hamsterbear

Friend has a military issue Navy G-1 in my size for sale....
He says it is mint/like new, made in 1975 and the maker is Imperial Leather and Sportswear.

What can anyone tell me about this maker/value?

(I'm G-1 ignorant) :oops:

Atticus

Hamsterbear said:
He says it is mint/like new, made in 1975 and the maker is Imperial Leather and Sportswear.

I hate to diss anyone's jacket, but I can tell you the '75 Imperial is thick, heavy, rank cowhide with a squeaky, sprayed-on finish. The good news is that they are built like tanks. I've owned a couple...in fact, someone gave another one to me about a month ago. But I'm afraid I wouldn't spend much on an Imperial. They're on ebay for less than a hundred almost every day. Here's one of mine.

It sounds like a flock of seagulls when I'm wearing it. :lol:

DSCN0507-1.jpg

AF

Hamsterbear

Atticus said:
Hamsterbear said:

I hate to diss anyone's jacket, but I can tell you the '75 Imperial is thick, heavy, rank cowhide with a squeaky, sprayed-on finish. The good news is that they are built like tanks. I've owned a couple...in fact, someone gave another one to me about a month ago. But I'm afraid I wouldn't spend much on an Imperial. They're on ebay for less than a hundred almost every day. Here's one of mine.

It sounds like a flock of seagulls when I'm wearing it. :lol:

DSCN0507-1.jpg

AF

That's what I was looking for....This jacket will be a beater, so I'm not willing to spend a lot. We were kinda supposed to trade for an A-2 I had that was a bit small, and now it and the G-1 are in his closet......