• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

N-3B but without the fur collar?

KhalilSheikh

Hello,
I have not posted here in ages...so long ago that I had to open a new account.
Cloth jackets have never been my specialty, but now I'm in need of something heavy...like a N-3B. I strongly prefer to get a military-issue (or even accurate repro) contract of a heavy jacket like that, but without the fur trimmed hood.
Is there a similar model as the N-3B but without the fur hood? I like the N-3B a lot, but that fur hood just doesn't work for me.

Thanks.

Tim P

A B9 parka would be good, no fur trim on that. Mouton yse but no fur.
If you need a jacket without a hood maybe a mackinaw?
The fur can be removed from N3 parkas by unpicking the stitching. I have seen that done.
dont forget the m51 Parka....

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
KhalilSheikh said:

Well welcome back, but mazeta is still active ... see, you could have kept the user ID, and just changed the avatar. :cool:

better duck

Did you see the text about that jacket? Good for may activities, including "paintball" ....
Mazeta: welcome back!

FYI, I got my son a current-model Alpha N-3B a couple of years ago... and its (faux) fur collar is removable. It snaps right off, leaving just the deep snorkel hood with plain edges (well, it's still got some snaps on it).

Sure, it's not at the level of build quality of vintage ones or classy repros, but it's a perfectly serviceable winter garment, and can be found for under $120 if you shop around.

KhalilSheikh

deeb7 said:
KhalilSheikh said:

Well welcome back, but mazeta is still active ... see, you could have kept the user ID, and just changed the avatar. :cool:
Thanks David, for the kind message. I didn't know you liked my avatar so much.
I could always make it larger if you wish. It's good to be back. :lol:

KhalilSheikh

Doctor Strange said:
FYI, I got my son a current-model Alpha N-3B a couple of years ago... and its (faux) fur collar is removable. It snaps right off, leaving just the deep snorkel hood with plain edges (well, it's still got some snaps on it).

Sure, it's not at the level of build quality of vintage ones or classy repros, but it's a perfectly serviceable winter garment, and can be found for under $120 if you shop around.

I didn't know the fur trim on the Alpha N-3Bs were removable, thank you. For jackets that I intend to wear regularly, like a lot of us here, I will be stickler for detail and spare no expense. In this situation I'm going to be in cold weather (at least for me) for a very limited time, at the most about a week. Most likely I won't be in such conditions again in the foreseeable future.

Thanks for the tip.

KhalilSheikh

Thank you all the responses.
It's a toss-up between a N-3B (Alpha?) and M-51 (Rothco off eBay).

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to all.