• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mystery jacket,

Fe6319

Hi

I have never owned or worn a leather jacket before but today I have been given a black motorcycle type jacket, which has various badges glued to it.

The badges are all Harley Davidson as far as I can see.

I think the label inside says Vice. And it says cow hide on a seperate able. It feels really heavy to me.

I was wondering if anyone had or could share any information on this jacket for me.

The jacket fits me better than the person who owned it before me, hence letting me have it, he got it in a house clearance apparently.

Regards

Fe6319

Attachments

• IMG_20240204_141413.jpg
    IMG_20240204_141413.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20240204_141421.jpg
    IMG_20240204_141421.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20240204_141428.jpg
    IMG_20240204_141428.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20240204_141440.jpg
    IMG_20240204_141440.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20240204_141455.jpg
    IMG_20240204_141455.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 52

B-Man2

Hi
I’m an old Harley rider and was one for lots of years . Your jacket is one that looks to have been sold in Harley Davidson Bike Dealership's back in the 80s or early 90s. The HOG patches have been sewn on by the original owner. They represent the Harley Owners Group which were a group of Harley owners who were a club started by Harley Davison in Milwaukee with chapters sponsored by each individual Harley dealership . Harley dealerships also sold HOG jackets like this one with the Hog shield embroidered on the back but this is not one of this jackets . There were several companies who made jackets under license expressly for Harley Davidson sales but unless you have some additional tags or information in the sleeve lining , interior lining or pocket lining of the jacket , it will be difficult to pin point who made it .
Hope that helps
Take some time and introduce yourself in the members bio section and stick around . You’ll learn a lot about leather jackets .

Fe6319

Thanks. Nice to learn new things, and I guessed it would have had a story to tell, that's the interesting bit with all these old items that I seem to get hold of.

It's a nice jacket, feels nice when I tried it on so if nothing else I'll make use of it as a jacket. I don't ride motorcycles any more but i think it's tidy enough to wear casually occasionally.

I will have a look in the bio section as you say, slowly browsing some of the other topics too.

Regards

Dave

B-Man2

Thanks. Nice to learn new things, and I guessed it would have had a story to tell, that's the interesting bit with all these old items that I seem to get hold of.

It's a nice jacket, feels nice when I tried it on so if nothing else I'll make use of it as a jacket. I don't ride motorcycles any more but i think it's tidy enough to wear casually occasionally.

I will have a look in the bio section as you say, slowly browsing some of the other topics too.

Regards

Dave
Dave
Hi again
Our main focus are military jackets but if you have a liking for leather jackets you will see plenty of them , old and new .