• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"My Sweetie Pie"...painted M-41 jacket

ties70

Hi,

I have a M-41 repro from STURM, which is an OK jacket but not highly regarded when it comes to authentic repros (zipper is on the wrong / European side; synthetic liner etc...). I always wanted to patch it up and try some textile colours, but never had the time.

Finally, I decided to get started and made it kind of an hommage to my 1 year old girl Liv.

The patch I made for the jacket is Disney unofficial version for the 342nd BS:

m41_patch.jpg

There is an obvious resemblance in the facial expression :D

Liv_starrt_in_Kamera.jpg

And as Liv's nick name is "Sweetie Pie", it was obvious that this had to be on the jacket as well:

m41_sweetie.jpg

As bombing mission stencils seem to be inadequate for a 1 year old, I stencilled the jacket with rubber duckies:

m41_duckies.jpg

The result is shown here:
m41_top.jpg

m41_full.jpg

Maybe I will add something on the back,too, but I am not sure what that could be...

Oh, somebody round here making any leather name strips?

Best regards

Ties

ausreenactor

Yes!! I posted some time ago about art on Tankers and other combat stuff....

Very impressive Ties, as always..

Couchy

Vcruiser

Well..she sure looks like a 'Sweetie pie'.
..and what a little beauty!
Takes after Mommy..heh...
Oh..as always good artwork.
Van

EMBLEMHUNTER

How bout a Cartoon Bomber with a pacifier in it's mouth and googly eyes ....................................
Johnny

ties70

EMBLEMHUNTER said:
The "bomber" could be dropping baby bottles instead of bombs..........................................

Now, that is a great idea!

Baby bottles as mission markings would be cool, too...

ties70

EMBLEMHUNTER said:
The "bomber" could be dropping baby bottles instead of bombs..........................................

Here is a quick shot at Johnny's idea...

baby_17.jpg

Ties

EMBLEMHUNTER

The bottles should be facing the other way , the tips would be like the nose of the bombs , and a facial expression on the plane (eyes in the cockpit area and a mouth with baby teeth ................................
Johnny