• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Nylon buying spree

greyhound52

Purchased a number of nylon jackets recently here are some shots.
First a 1958 Dobbs B model MA-1

1235245888.jpg

1235245889.jpg

Next an excellent condition first edition MA-1 by Skyline

ma1sky.jpg

ma1neck.jpg

ma1star.jpg

A size 42 B-15D Mod most likely a Rolen Contract

mod1.jpg

mod2.jpg

mod3.jpg

1977 A model CWU-45 in excellent conditon with the pleats

cwu45.jpg

cwu452.jpg

264995016_o.jpg

Last a 1980 B Model CWU-36 in just about mint condition

c49f_1.jpg

BPtb8mkKGrHgoOKjIEjlLmWtGBJ0-bFoW_1.jpg

d45a_1.jpg

I did buy another CWU-36 A model 1977 version as well.

Prices for nylon are down and now was a good time to buy. Also thanks to a forum member for two of these jackets the MOD and the Skyline MA-1 great jackets. Enjoy.

greyhound52

David,
You have a Skyline repro correct? One thing that is not capture in my picture is the unusual color of the jacket. Not quite the sage green color. Your reproduction captured it very well. Did you have a copy you could post here to show the difference. Thanks.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
greyhound52 said:
David,
You have a Skyline repro correct? One thing that is not capture in my picture is the unusual color of the jacket. Not quite the sage green color. Your reproduction captured it very well. Did you have a copy you could post here to show the difference. Thanks.

George, those pictures were a little too light. Here's a quick
comparison ... the RMJ Skyline, and an issued Alpha L-2B.

RMJ-Alpha.jpg

watchmanjimg

George got the Skyline from me a few weeks back. It's a lighter shade more or less like the RMJ. At the very least, David's comparison reflects the shade variance George mentioned.

greyhound52

Thanks David. Yes that nails the color difference very well. I like this MA-1 a lot. Fit is perfect and condition is excellent. Feels like one of those keepers to me. :D