• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My next cold war USAF idea, a notion forming

Tim P

Feeling ELC's sage Buzz jackets to be irresistable I may spring for a Lion or an l2b. my plan is to have it as a mounting for a superb cut edge oversized 306th Bomb wing patch.
HOWEVER.... I may go alpha replica with it as these dont offend me at all and by the time I have had an iron on decal shipped from taiwan I am still quids in. never quite the buzz quality but well sufficient for this project.
306th was a SAC formation which was at Brize Norton England (one of my old bases) in the early 60's and it is that era I am seeking to recreate.
so I need guidance on my jacket choices (have a buzz L2a, a buzz B15C and a McCoys l2a so I am not short of high end nylon but nothing sage.) but more importantly on precise badging. I reckon enlisted would be better.

any thoughts or guidance?

Tim.

greyhound52

Tim,
With the prices of original nylon jackets at what I believe an all time low I would look around for an original. I picked up a first edition MA-1 (Skyline), two B-15D mods, and a B model MA-1 (Dobbs) recently. Each jacket was under the price or right at the price of a Buzz Rickson Lion MA-1. One of the forum members just sold an XL Lion Uniform MA-1 for about 160 dollars on ebay. So I think the they are out there.

Tim P

that would be great. I have had a quick look and nothing in an XL that I could see. I have checked and see that the 306th were not at brize norton in the 60's except maybe for TDY so the idea continues to evolve. maybe the oversize patch would better grace a blue jacket.

I will give it a while to see if a decent original comes up. Links would be great if anyone else spots any..

Tim P

Knowing that sitting watching my sizes sell out o the ELC website is soul destroying I sprung for an Ma1 today should get it next week..
Since reading Pattern recognition I have wanted one but a black one is out of the question for all the reasons we have discussed in another thread. Question now is whether can stand to badge it or whether a cheaper original of later vintage may still need buying.

A

Anonymous

Tim,
I'm going to put my mint Skyline L-2b on Ebay hopefully this weekend. It's a large but already badged and I have some of the history of the pilot too.

07.jpg

02.jpg

06.jpg

Might interest you ????

Dave