• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new Super Pike B-10

Clark J

Just got back my Pike B-10...I call it the Super Pike because I had a little work done on it.New Mash knits along with a 3 inch taper on the sleeves and a new mouton collar!Zips on the wrong side and the lining isn't as thick as my Eastman but but the arm decal on the Pike is much more like an original....but at least now it's a nice jacket....just wish people would make them correct the first fricken time!!!!(Pike left,Eastman right).
008-3.jpg

TankBuster

The Pike XL looks pretty good now. Clarky has been working on
this one for a while now. A little determination, and a couple trips
to the seamstress later, he's got himself alot better jacket than
he started with. Can't wait to see it next month!!

Clark J

Total for all work was $70.Knits $45 and mouton $23.So at a grand total of around $420 for the pike and with today's exchange rate an Eastman with shipping would be less than $500.....I think you guys can figure out what I should have done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Live and learn.

kevlarg

Where did you have the work done Clark, a tailor shop? I'm curious because that sounds like good pricing to me.

jack aranda

Yes,Clark, let me echo kevlarg's query: where did you have the work done? I just purchased a 1970's Ralph Edwards G-1 and I'm thinking of replacing the faux mouton (dynel? weren't they a pop group in the early 60's?) with a real mouton collar, more like the color shown on your Eastman. Thanks.

Clark J

A local gal does it but I don't think I could ever talk her into another collar replacement!

fishmeok

Clark, when you get tired of the Pike you should probably just give it to me.

I have a mandatory unpaid leave of absence (MULA!) all next week, you going to be around? I'll swing by.
Mark

zoomer

kevlarg said:
Where did you have the work done Clark, a tailor shop? I'm curious because that sounds like good pricing to me.
Not a tailor, it was a seamstress.

The difference is not just gender.
A seamstress will do what you tell her you need.
A tailor will do what he tells you you need.