• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My "New" LW G1 Just Arrived From USA

wop54

I've recently bought a LW G1 from Ebay for 249 USD (plus shipping and import duties tot 350-ish USD). It's virtually new, no visible traces of wearing or smell whatsoever, the leather is supple and the mouton collar thick and perfect. The lining is a bit wrinkled since the jacket was squeezed in very small box. Apparently it even fits me.....
I take that LW is not too popular within the forum but please make comments, any, i wont be hurt, of course ;) (i will if you dare to comment my fitness and body shape tho :D )
DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww285/greaseball54/DSC_0126.jpg[/I[IMG]
[img]http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww285/greaseball54/DSC_0128.jpg
DSC_0135.jpg

MikeyB-17

Stu Clurman may not be the most popular bloke around this forum (let's not open that can of worms up again) but his jackets are very nice indeed. Maybe not the epitome of accuracy (despite his claims) but beautifully made jackets nonetheless. That looks like a beauty, and fits great! Well done, enjoy.

greyhound52

MikeyB-17 said:
Stu Clurman may not be the most popular bloke around this forum (let's not open that can of worms up again) but his jackets are very nice indeed. Maybe not the epitome of accuracy (despite his claims) but beautifully made jackets nonetheless. That looks like a beauty, and fits great! Well done, enjoy.

Agree with your comments. Fit looks great the way a G-1 should fit and price isn't too bad either. I think you did well.

watchmanjimg

It's refreshing to read a post about LW that focuses on the jacket instead of Stu. The G-1 looks great on you. Wear it in good health!

wop54

deeb7 said:
... yes, it's an excellent fitness, Carlo. :p
Thank you David and other members for your kind comments. As for my fitness, well Ill work on it in a while.... I promise, just after the forthcoming Xmas holidays :? :D

jack aranda

Hi, wop54:
Nice jacket, and it fits well. Good score.
I'll mention again that I have a LW G-1 for sale, size 40. Here's a link:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4149

The jacket did not sell on ebay last summer. I still have the jacket, and would still like to sell it. Reasonable offers seriously considered.

Geir

I have a G-1 that I bought from the LW sales page 4 years ago. I believe it was made in the nineties and I suspect it´s a factory second. It´s my favourite jacket for this time of the year. It is heavier than an original, has that nice purple lining and very supple goatskin. So far it has shown next to no wear at all. I think it will outlive me.

watchmanjimg

The last one I saw in person appeared to be of the same generation as Carlo's jacket. The collar was a very dark brown.