• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new GW Bronco

Weasel_Loader

Thought I'd snap a few photos of my new purchase. Sold the SAT and found this russet GW Bronco from a forum member. It was practically new and got it for a fair price. Thought I'd never like a goat skin A-2 since I always thought the ideal A-2 is horse hide. I'd have to say that I'm not a huge fan of new goat, but they sure look fantastic after a few months of "good wear". :lol: One thing I really like is the softness and how much lighter the jacket is compared to horse hide. This one is a big size 46 and I think I've finally found my size. Length is perfect, as is the sleeves and pits. Arm tops are slightly tight, but typical of this contract and not a problem for me. I can cross my arms all the way (something I wasn't able to do with other A-2s I've owned). I was a little worried going with the Bronco contract as some have said it's not the most comfortable. No problem for me. I love it and I'm a total "goat" convert now! Just need a seal goat now. ;)

Molly and I.

GWBronco-Molly.jpg

I'm still up in the air about putting my Wright Field patch on. Not sure if the contract date matches up good enough with an early type patch such as this. If I do not apply this patch, I will do a name tape with my name.

GWBronco2.jpg

zoomer

I see you've taken a clue from those pilots in the 30s in the way you wear the waist of your A-2. Blousing it up high in the back takes out some of the slack in front, which those old all-wool knits always had.
4376392281_01fc566c84_o.png

1933. Majs. Krogstad and Royce are wearing A-1s. But you get the idea.

You know my thoughts on the Wright field patch, but the puppy dog is precious! Hi Molly!

Weasel_Loader

Always loved that photo. Wonder what path Tinker has on his jacket?

Yes, the jacket does sit at my waist line unlike modern jackets, but I've finally found an A-2 that doesn't rise up any higher when I raise my arms above my head. The length is perfect for me as are the sleeves. ;)

BTW, Molly is keeping us very busy with re-directing her attention when she gets into her bitting and chewing fits. She's got plenty of toys, but usually prefers the sofa or your pant legs. :roll: Oh well, we knew what we were getting into with a Border Collie. Besides the bitting and chewing, she's been super with her training program.

SuinBruin

Congrats on the pickup, you wear it well. I have a Bronco in goat from John and it is just a great jacket. I got it new in 2008 and it is incredibly supple and soft... Goatskin is a great jacket leather. Maybe the best all-around.

arclight

Wow! Super looking goatskin.............looks very good on you.

Have you noticed your hot water heater has been neutralized?

Weasel_Loader

arclight said:
Wow! Super looking goatskin.............looks very good on you.

Have you noticed your hot water heater has been neutralized?

Yep! I've been wearing it everyday for almost a week now and gets more and more comfortable each day. My office at work is like an ice box, so I'm always wearing a sweater even when it's warm outside. This is the first A2 I've been able to wear comfortably while typing at my desk. Yes, I'm VERY happy with this jacket. ;)

zoomer

Weasel_Loader said:
Molly is keeping us very busy with re-directing her attention when she gets into her bitting and chewing fits. She's got plenty of toys, but usually prefers the sofa or your pant legs. :roll: Oh well, we knew what we were getting into with a Border Collie.
Smartest doggies ever. Some friends had one once who was so incredibly fun and engaging, I fell for him immediately. My friends said, "He's great, but honestly, it's like raising a child." :? Long story short, I adopted a grown-up kitty cat.

deand

Very nice A-2! Really makes me wonder what HH is really like to wear. I've only owned goat and it is very supple. I need to get a russet shade like yours, it's always been seal with what I've got. So those wool knits don't hold up well, eh? I wondered why they bloused them up like that. Does that mean they would eventually just hang loosely away from the body, over time? I can't imagine the slack woould be too great.

dean

Weasel_Loader

deand said:
Very nice A-2! Really makes me wonder what HH is really like to wear. I've only owned goat and it is very supple. I need to get a russet shade like yours, it's always been seal with what I've got. So those wool knits don't hold up well, eh? I wondered why they bloused them up like that. Does that mean they would eventually just hang loosely away from the body, over time? I can't imagine the slack woould be too great.
dean

The goat JC uses is night and day difference from the goat you might be used to. Didn't realize it till I started reading more reviews from others here about the Good Wear goat. Now I've never owned any other high end reproduction, so I can only speak for my newest experience. I will say the knits on my Good Wear jackets have been tighter than the Eastman that I had. I think what Zoomer was referring to was the period photos showing the early A-2s with loose waist knits. ;)

Cobblers161

Looks the business. I love the Bronco detailing, od thread, bevelled pocket corners and shaped angular-ish flap. Good catch just wear the hell out of it!

Weasel_Loader

Cobblers161 said:
Looks the business. I love the Bronco detailing, od thread, bevelled pocket corners and shaped angular-ish flap. Good catch just wear the hell out of it!

Funny you mention the od thread. I forgot to mention in my previous posts, it's what I really love also about this contract. Always loved the od on the 27752. BTW, wife thinks I'm nuts wearing my A-2 around the house. :lol: