• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Mom's A-2

CBI

Hot on the heels of the A-2 I painted for my 6 year old daughter (see other post) is this size 38 ELC house A-2 for my mother. She is 65+ and loves to wear vintage (including many clothes that were the norm for adults when she was a child during the 40's). She has been hinting at a painted A-2 for some time. She is quite the hip mom. The model here is the Mrs. with a very heavy sweater on. Due to the TREMENDOUS generosity of one of our forum members I was recently sent a very small original Dubow for the Mrs. but it needs to go to Aero Leather for repair first.

Back to the jacket posted, my mom goes by "Dee" hence the back design. I also wanted to tone things down for her and not put insignia all over the place. I kept the aircraft depicted as a bit stylized (a B-24) and not too specific as per many 40's artworj. I copied it from a 40's postcard. I will be the jacket in the mail to her on Weds. OK, I think the immediate family is covered now.

IMG_3833.jpg

IMG_3834.jpg

IMG_3835.jpg

IMG_3827.jpg

IMG_3828.jpg

IMG_3830.jpg

Lignemaginot

Superb. I may need to call on you regarding an Air Apaches piece for my A-2... do you do work for people outside the family?

bombs away

Hi,
I really like the idea of the entire family wearing A-2s !
And you have a real talent as painter.
Good work !
I'm quite unpatient to see the last one... ;-)

Tim

Andrew

Great name and I love the 5th patch.

She's going to love that. My Mum used to wear a B-3 and jeans around Edinburgh back in the early 1950's.