• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My latest RL purchase

ties70

Tim P said:
a hybrid between Para trousers and HBT..... I cant stay away from RL WW2 inspired gear..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

anyone sees an XL A-2 let me know, I check frequently but you can miss these things :(

Tim,

I really like these pants....but where can you get this stuff, except for Ebay? It is not even on the RL website, and there doesn't seem to be a separate site for RRL...

Am I too stupid to find it?

Ties

ghq1

I'm in the same boat . .

Recently bought 4 diff pairs of RRL cargo trousers -- all from Ebay:

US Mtn Troop heavyweight bedford cords
US Army 4 pocket HBT
US Army M-42 pacific camo
US Army M-42 (color was a tad too lime green so I dyed them OD)

Not truly authentic to the target patterns . . .but close enough to be unique and "inspired by". . . Most have knee and/or butt reinforcements and are made from heavyweight fabrics . . . Most would seem to be several years old with sky high price tags $295 . .$395 etc . .

US 4 pkt HBT
img55673586.jpg

US MTN Troops Bedford Cords -- exceptional heavy weight plus they run large (my 32's measured out to a 34")
314984482_o.jpg

Pacific Camo M-42 style
camocargo1.JPG

One nice RRL ref site is http://www.lubys-tokyo.com/RRL-Ralph1.html

E.G.: Camo jeans
RRLusmcCAMOp_.jpg
Reversible camo pattern

Eight pages of RRL gear incl the military stuff . . .

Tim P

I have some of the heavyweight mountain trousers, in blue. I would be very keen to have a stab at some 'pacific' camo from them as I think that would be doubly cool. I hadnt seen any before.

ties70

Tim P said:
The thing about RL is that they do short runs of stuff which hits the high street at typically high prices then fades. what turns up at reasonable prices is a couple of seasons old and it is, like surplus, a case of grab it when you see it.
this any good for you Ties?

http://cgi.ebay.com/325-Ralph-Lauren-RR ... 3a56d8f552

he has two pairs left.

Hello Tim,

thanks for the links.

How does the stuff run? The actual waist of a 38 is described as 40, while another seller states that the 36 is 36...

Ties

Tim P

I only bought it yesterday so I have yet to get it. I am a decreasing 36 so I am hoping that my 34 gamble will pay off. as they are rear seam any dressmaker will be able to take them in or add a V panel of hbt. of course best is to have a correct size. as soon as they get here I will put a tape measure to the waist and advise, it may be up to ten days though...

Doug C

Tell me where I can get another pair of those 4 pocket HBTs like ghq1 posted... I owned a pair ;abeled my normal size that were two sizes too big, I sold them to John Chapman of Goodwear and he's worn them in some of his jacket photo sessions. They're sometimes referred to as "Monkey Pants", maybe because of the crazy-big butt pockets or something. I think WWII Impressions also sell some but I doubt they're quite as cool and I figure the money is similar, so I was holding out for another from RL.

Tim P

doug you could do well to search ebay for usmc 1944 pattern pants in your size. I have never seen rl ones like that so they probably dont pop up often...