• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My JC's A2 after 6 months

wop54

I have received this jacket from JC last September and, so far, worn it (roughly) 80 days, sometimes under the rain. I like it very much, the color is getting better and better and it is developing a nice character. I receive many compliments and wear it as often as I can, also when I have to meet clients, with a nice shirt botton down (no tie), smart khaki trousers and brown belt and shoes (Allen Edmonds are my favourite). When I go to work in the morning my wife says: still in your uniform? :)
Here I am during a stroll in one of my town's city park with the wife and doggy.
IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_06431.jpg

Andrew

Looking sharp Carlo, just more confirmation for me to get one in this hide sometime. Gee, your Wife is understanding, I get a lot worse from mine!

B-Man2

Carlo;

Beautiful color and great looking knits. Tell us the manufacturer and contract number of your jacket?

B-Man2

Carlo;

Let me qualify my last post. What model of Good Wear jacket do you have there?

Regards
B-Man2

wop54

B-Man2 said:
Carlo;

Let me qualify my last post. What model of Good Wear jacket do you have there?

Regards
B-Man2
Thanks all for kind comments!
It's definetely a Good Wear replica of the Rough Wear No 42-1401 P in the new russet HH
IMG_06401.jpg

Falcon_52

Very nice, Carlo. I especially like the contrast between the pocket flap (very wrinkly) and the pocket body (smooth). In another 6 months, no one will be able to tell that it's a repro!

Noel

captaincaveman1

Great looking jacket and perfect fit. Grain really pops.

I pretty much wear the same thing to work too everyday - khakis or dress pants w/ a button shirt and an A-2.

Untitled-10.jpg

Cliff

A beautiful fit and a really great look Carlo.

Cheers
Cliff

PS. Your ANJ4 is really breaking in well now and the horse hide sleeve facings are getting nice and grainy. Still wearing it in the early mornings as the dawn temperatures are only just above freezing here in the UK.

wop54

Cliff said:
A beautiful fit and a really great look Carlo.

Cheers
Cliff

PS. Your ANJ4 is really breaking in well now and the horse hide sleeve facings are getting nice and grainy. Still wearing it in the early mornings as the dawn temperatures are only just above freezing here in the UK.
Thanks Cliff,
Im happy that "our" ANJ4 has found a new home and a loving wearer! ;)
Here in Italy in a couple of weeks it will be too hot for an A2! Ill be in London for a couple of weeks in late may-early june and ill take one of my A2s with me... Upthere Ill have another chance to wear it, hopefully.
Thanks Peter, Andrew1, Andrew2, David, Marcel, Noel, Paddy, Van, Clyde and the others forum fellas for your kind and warm comments on my beloved GW!!

asiamiles

Falcon_52 said:
Very nice, Carlo. I especially like the contrast between the pocket flap (very wrinkly) and the pocket body (smooth). In another 6 months, no one will be able to tell that it's a repro!

I think it could already pass for a well-preserved original. In that sense, it may be the best repro I've seen.