• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my jacket based on a Colvinex M456a

dujardin

helloooooooooooooooo
it's now for month that i have this idea in my head; transform an electrically heated leather suit into a jacket and a trousers.
las week i endlessly receive a suit i win for a very low price; she is in museum quality conditions, i think she were never issued, she's so perfect.
so i will hold this last entire and i will start the project.
this evening, i separate the upper and the lower part from each other.
in fact, it's a kind of blue bunny inside.
here follow the photos

PICT0018-2.jpg

PICT0019-1.jpg

PICT0023-2.jpg

PICT0024-1.jpg

PICT0028.jpg

PICT0029.jpg

PICT0030.jpg

PICT0036.jpg

PICT0039.jpg

the principal of this transformation, the jacket.....
PICT0032-2.jpg

PICT0033.jpg

PICT0040.jpg

PICT0041.jpg

PICT0042.jpg

PICT0043.jpg

byebyeeeeeeeeeeee marcel
next step, the ''reconstruction'' in a few days

Tim P

I have seen a nice picture of a jacket used by a USMC paramarine instructor which was so derived. it was painted with the insignia.

dujardin

Tim P said:
I have seen a nice picture of a jacket used by a USMC paramarine instructor which was so derived. it was painted with the insignia.

wowwwwwwwww great, have you the photos near you and can you post it, i'm very interested to see such document
many thanks
marcel

Tim P

The Schiffer book Paramarine! by Chris Mason shows it. page 70 and 71. The belt is contained in a tunnel and a piece of leather has been used to replace the fur collar with a more manageable sized one. this matches well but not perfectly.
Above the small right breast pocket flap is the word 'para' stencilled in yellow with the serif font type lettering. At the left shoulder is a standard paramarine patch edged in red ribbon or similar.
Also stencilled in the same lettering in yellow at the back is NAS MLPS, presumed to be Naval air station minneapolis.
I am unable to scan it. :(
Hope this helps
Tim

fishmeok

Looks good so far Marcel- that would make a neat half-belt jacket if you can get enough leather out of the pants to make four panels and carry it down to the top of your jean pockets.

I bet that would work and there should be enough material in the pants- two panels in the back and two in the front sewn to the bottom of the belt. Add a longer zipper and a new lining and it's gold...
Cheers
Mark

Peter Graham

Mark's right, it's too short for pracical use. There's no need to add a longer zipper though, use the original and add a few poppers below it. Job done !

dujardin

hellooooooooo,

here follow part 2

first lesson : my tailor is rich.....
second lesson : my tailor is my wife.

PICT0001-8.jpg

PICT0002-9.jpg

some close up,
from now.... hand sewing
PICT0013-1.jpg

PICT0005-5.jpg

PICT0006-4.jpg

PICT0007-6.jpg

PICT0008-3.jpg

liner is completed but not fixed to the leather
PICT0010-2.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

last, place this back on the collar
PICT0021-2.jpg

PICT0011.jpg

final result, i know; many of you will say it's too short but already as suit, she was too short ; it's just a matter of size.
for a small guy, she will be perfect. or for my wife.
PICT0003-8.jpg

PICT0015-2.jpg

PICT0016-3.jpg

PICT0017-3.jpg

PICT00182.jpg

and this is an original suit . this is the flying suit i bought some weeks ago.
this one will stay as she is, as collector. in perfect condition.

PICT00183.jpg

byeeeeeeeeeeeeee marcel

Peter Graham

Marcel, you've created a very interesting and unique jacket. It looks great. You've also got a very understanding wife. She looks better in the jacket than you do !