• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My G-1

YoungMedic

Hello, I'm new here, quickly becoming more of an obsession than a recreation. I have an A2 in the mail, so right now the only leather flight jacket I have is one that was handed down to me by my father. The tag is missing, but from reading this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12434 , It would appear to be an Imperial as per this quote from Atticus -- "Here's the Imperial Leather G-1. It is totally stiff, heavy, squeaky cowhide. When you wear it, people can hear you coming five minutes before you arrive. You sound like a flock of seagulls diving on a school of mackerel" it seems identical. Its in great shape too, probably from the late 70's as thats when my Father was Aircrew in the Navy. Its in great shape.. My fiance wanted me to ditch it a couple years ago, and Im SO glad I held on.

DSC00621.jpg

YoungMedic

ButteMT61 said:
Keep the jacket, but the fiancé... ;)
Looks nice. Would like to see more pics of it. Welcome!

ahh she's a keeper... the Fiance' too :mrgreen:

Ill get some more pics up when I can, Thanks

** also after looking around some more it could be a Brill Bros.

A

Anonymous

I think the Brill Bros' have larger collar.

How can someone tell you to ditch something that was a gift from your father.....

YoungMedic

PLATON said:

How can someone tell you to ditch something that was a gift from your father.....

Women just don't understand these things... I also have to explain why I "need" more guns, when I already have some. :lol:

YoungMedic said:
PLATON said:

Women just don't understand these things... I also have to explain why I "need" more guns, when I already have some. :lol:
Get ready...it' a lifelong chore explaining why you'd need more flight jackets/guns/fishing tackle/bicycles/sailing crap/golf crap/old motorcycles/nicer watches...etc...

Especially exasperating to hear the complaints as yet another box of $500.00 high heels are brought home...although unlike the wife when she sees me with my toys..all is forgiven when I see her in the heels!

YoungMedic

chancerider said:
YoungMedic said:
PLATON said:

Get ready...it' a lifelong chore explaining why you'd need more flight jackets/guns/fishing tackle/bicycles/sailing crap/golf crap/old motorcycles/nicer watches...etc...

Especially exasperating to hear the complaints as yet another box of $500.00 high heels are brought home...although unlike the wife when she sees me with my toys..all is forgiven when I see her in the heels!

I can see I'm going to fit in nicely here :mrgreen:

A

Anonymous

that's a very nice jacket

Women just don't understand these things... I also have to explain why I "need" more guns, when I already have some.

Yes, we have to explain why we "need" another gun, but they don't have to explain why they need another pair of shoes or a bag. Man, they shop new clothes every week. I buy a jacket once per year.

YoungMedic

A quick update on this jacket, gave it a rub down with some saddle soap and it quieted the leather right down :ugeek: