• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Father in Law'w L-2B from Vietnam

greyhound52

Nothing special about the jacket a typical Alpha J model issued to him in flight school. The patch is theater made and was his call sign in Nam as he flew Cobra's in support of the 101 Abn Div. Only three members of his class survived the war. He was awarded the DFC, Bronze Star and Purple Heart on that tour and as he told me only got shot down twice!!! His first tour was as a Green Beret in 1965 where he was awarded the DSC, Silver Star, Bronze Star, and Purple Heart. I am honored he gave me the jacket to add to my collection.

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

watchmanjimg

Magnificent jacket and history behind it! As a diehard nylon nut, I'm honored to be the first to comment on this one.

Stony

If I see the ratings patches over the U.S. Army correctly, he has the following.

Army Pilot Wings
Combat Infantryman Badge
Senior Jump Wings
Hard Hat Diver Rating (at least it looks like a diver rating)

Quite the stud I would say.

greyhound52

Stony said:
If I see the ratings patches over the U.S. Army correctly, he has the following.

Army Pilot Wings
Combat Infantryman Badge
Senior Jump Wings
Hard Hat Diver Rating (at least it looks like a diver rating)

Quite the stud I would say.

Stony,
You are correct.

dujardin

hello greyhound,

many many thanks
nice jacket and great to know the story, the origin of the jacket

byeeeeeeeeeee marcel

Weasel_Loader

Thanks for posting the story behind the jacket George. That's really special when you have something like that handed down. Really special!!! ;)

usafwso

I'll have to dig out out of my NYLON museum and see. Have not looked at it in quite some time......... Still, I really like the over the top - over patched Army jackets.

Peter Graham

Man, that's fantastic. To own a jacket and to know it's history is something special. It looks great too. Thanks for the pics.