• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Dad's leg...

ties70

Hi,

not really a flight jacket patch, but still related:

DSC_1865-1.jpg

leg_2-1.jpg

This is my Dad's current design for his prosthetic leg...previous legs were painted by me with a stencilled bomb plus the date of his accident, and a windsurfer (which was his hobby until the explosion).

The 531st BS patch was modified with Photoshop and printed out on decal paper; daily wear rubbed off some of the decal, but it still looks fresh.

Best regards

Ties

ausreenactor

Have to admit, this is probably the most impressive post (for many reasons) in some time. :D :D :D

Kudos!! To you Dad and the rehab/prosthetic crew as well. Need some rivets and some panel
lines? Or some bomb markings? Based on the fact that this 'new leg' (Forrest Gump) is da bomb!
Cooler than a tattoo!! :cool: :cool: And it is a war winner!!

Made my wife come and take a look. Normally when I relay the world of leather jackets is just gets
a nod...this impressed her too!!

Well done...

Couchy

A

Anonymous

Da Terminator. Very cool looking. I though if I had the bucks and needed a replacement arm, or leg, having Oakley create something very cool.

dujardin

impressive

i like the funny touch

your father have good moral, he is a strong man

respect and friendship
marcel

Andrew

Great stuff Ties, not many have the possiblity of personalizing a limb like that! Tattoos are so passe. You know you could sell those stickers.

By the way, you should be revceiving something in the mail any day now. Another 531st patch order coming up.

siddhartha

Administrator
I have a hard time expressing how awesome I think this is...

For whatever reason, the patch on the prosthetic reminds me very much of how those paintings looked on the nose of bombers, and it is just as fitting.

Very cool, and thank you for sharing this!

capt71

Ties,
Very nice work!
I'm assuming that your dad was in the 531st BS at Fenton? If so, has he attended any of the 380th BG Reunions in the last few years? If he has, I may have met him? My father was in the 528th BS there.

ties70

capt71 said:
Ties,
Very nice work!
I'm assuming that your dad was in the 531st BS at Fenton? If so, has he attended any of the 380th BG Reunions in the last few years? If he has, I may have met him? My father was in the 528th BS there.

Noooo,

sorry for the misunderstanding...my Dad is just 65 and has lost his right leg (well, most of it) in an explosion in my parents garage.

The squadron patch is just his personal way to deal with the loss, a way to show "the finger" to destiny.

Ties