• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More USN G-1 Jackets

Maverickson

Here is another photo of my father the late CDR." Buck" E.E. Sheeley USN retired aboard USS Wasp. He is seen sitting second from the left in his G-1 flight jacket. He was buried at Arlington April 30, 2008. CDR. Sheeley was two tour combat veteran of the Vietnam conflict aboard the USS Oriskany with Airwing 16. Then Lt. CDR Sheeley was in command of a section of A-4 Skyhawks on October 26, 1967 in an Alpha Srtike on the Uong Bi Thermal Power Plant over Hanoi North Vietnam. Two of the twenty odd planes from that engagement did not make it back that day to Oriskany. Among those lost were LT. JG. C.D Rice and LT. CDR. J.S. McCain current US Senator and Presidential hopeful.
4-28-2008-2.jpg

SuinBruin

I'm sorry for your loss, but your pride and admiration of your father really come through in your posts. Please accept my gratitude for his service to our country.

Maverickson

You are looking at my fathers squadron patch the :eek: Mavericks or the Flying Aces which were aka as "152ND Light Bombardment and Twilight Pursuit Squadron".