• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monarch size 50!

Swing

Roughwear said:
A size 50 Monarch A2 is a rare beast indeed. Monarch A2s tend to fit small compared with most other makes and the chest on this one is only 46". Nevertheless it should do well. Shame its not a 46 or 44 as I would have been interested.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WW-II-Flight-Jack ... 0283168370

A size 50 that measures 46"? I'd expect it to measure 52" to 54".

The jacket looks bigger than 46", and the sleeve/body measurements that they give (which sound right for a vintage size 50) sound like they would put the jacket out of proportion.

~Swing

Roughwear

Swing said:
Roughwear said:
A size 50 Monarch A2 is a rare beast indeed. Monarch A2s tend to fit small compared with most other makes and the chest on this one is only 46". Nevertheless it should do well. Shame its not a 46 or 44 as I would have been interested.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WW-II-Flight-Jack ... 0283168370

A size 50 that measures 46"? I'd expect it to measure 52" to 54".

The jacket looks bigger than 46", and the sleeve/body measurements that they give (which sound right for a vintage size 50) sound like they would put the jacket out of proportion.

~Swing

It's not the first time a seller has got the chest measurement wrong. As Monarchs run small I would expect a 48-50" chest.

TankBuster

I'm sure it's 24" pit to pit. I've also had a couple Monarchs, and
as mentioned, they are cut much smaller than their tagged size.

Roughwear

TankBuster said:

If you are right Jeff its more like a 46 chest with a longish body.

Roughwear said:
TankBuster said:

If you are right Jeff its more like a 46 chest with a longish body.

Andrew, that's what I was thinking too. That would probably be about a perfect fit for me, too bad it will probably go for some large green!

A

Anonymous

Most A-2s across the chest the same measurement from the collar to the start of the waistband knit .For eg 25" pit to pit will be 25 from the collar to the waistband ,square back so to speak .They were never cut like today short reg tall .

Rgds Jeff