• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

....MONARCH G-1....SKY HIGH PRICE!

chrgod2

Outrageous price... Still, one of the nicest vintage G-1s I have seen. It is a rather large size 38, with 17.5in from shoulder to shoulder.

delta102uk

chrgod2 said:
Outrageous price... Still, one of the nicest vintage G-1s I have seen. It is a rather large size 38, with 17.5in from shoulder to shoulder.

....wonder what my Sz 44 would fetch??!!...could be tempted to part with it for that kind of price!...

Picture739.jpg

Sean K

greyhound52

Sean,
Very nice. I saw a 42 a while back go for almost that amount of money and yours is in as good condition as that one was.

asiamiles

A simple case of two people wanting the same thing at the same time; had one of those not happened to spot it, forgotten about it or whatever, the other would probably gotten it for significantly less money. You could say that, in this case, the real winner was the seller. But hey, it's a nice jacket.

Len

I saw the measurements posted by the seller. Originally he said pit to pit was 22". I asked him to confirm that because it seemed large for a 36. He replied that pit to pit was 20.5". I've been caught before with overstated measurements. Maybe the buyer isn't planning on wearing it.

kevlarg

I thought this was a repro when I saw it. Its looks brand new and the story the seller gives doesn't sound correct.

Grant

Considering what a G-1 repro would cost that price isn't that high.
Last year I sold a 7823 Monarch (in not as good condition) for $750.

Grant

Chandler

Grant said:
Last year I sold a 7823 Monarch (in not as good condition) for $750.

Maybe G-1s are finally coming of age? Makes me want to take a long look at my own Monarch!

Chandler

bazelot

When you see that repros of the same jackets are $1000, I would prefer to have a mint original for less money.
I never really understood why original Navy jackets sold for less that repros.

MikeyB-17

bazelot said:
When you see that repros of the same jackets are $1000, I would prefer to have a mint original for less money.
I never really understood why original Navy jackets sold for less that repros.

I've never been able to get my head around that one either-why pay big money for a repro when you can get a perfectly decent, wearable original for a lot less money? I can understand it with A-2's, where an original is likely to be big bucks, and not really wearable every day, but a G-1? Only thing I can think is that there are those who don't want to be seen in a 'second hand' jacket, and want a nice new one.