• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Memphis Belle on Real McCoy Dubow

442RCT

My russet, horsehide, Real McCoy Dubow, "Memphis Belle" Jacket finally arrived. I'm not familiar with the artist, it's signed by, "Evans". The story of the Memphis Belle is well known by all. This artist put the name of the city for each of the Belle's 25 mission marks. The original B-17 had a Belle on each side, the right side wearing a blue babydoll and the left side a red babydoll. This artist used the original Petty gatefold as his source, with her wearing a diaphanous black babydoll and white heels. (the original was a blonde, now she's a redhead...what's up with that ? I'm lookin' at my three painted jackets, and they're all ginger... :lol: http://dortch.supremeserver5.com/images/pinup march 05/pettybelle gatefld1.JPG
DSCF0015.jpg

DSCF0025.jpg

DSCF0017-1.jpg

442RCT

havocpaul said:
That name tag seems familiar...J.C Slongo, isn't that Contrailschaser?

Yup. That nametag has been replaced with another.
All three of the painted jackets in the top picture were purchased from JC.

Andrew

Aha, the artwork does look familiar- less sanding. Possibly the same artist used for a few other jackets he's moved in recent times :lol: