• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mcqueen T-shirt The Great Escape

wop54

Persimmon said:
wop54 said:
I'd like to buy one of these t-shirt.
I found this
http://www.grandprixlegends.com/bike-me ... t-top.html
Is it a good buy? Any suggestion?
Thanks!! :)

I got one a couple of years back as a present
Surprisingly I have never worn it with any A2 jacket's although I do wear it every so often.
Recently its become my paintshirt when doing DIY
Quality is very good and it wash's well and stays true to colour and shape
Thanks, Alan. Just ordered one.. I'll post pics, when it arrives.

greyhound52

Carlo,
Looks good and the price isn't too bad. A few years back a former forum member picked up one for me in Japan. Nice but the Japanese large is a bit on the small side and it was much more than what you are paying.

Andrew

I'd be interested in one too but I think my Wife might try to throw it out as soon as I got it thinking it was some old crappy shirt :lol:

Marv

looks good but not so keen on the " subtle famous jump scene " printed on the back/bottom of the sweatshirt......if it didn't have that printed on it, I would definitely purchase one.

Peter Graham

Marv said:
looks good but not so keen on the " subtle famous jump scene " printed on the back/bottom of the sweatshirt......if it didn't have that printed on it, I would definitely purchase one.
I was thinking the same thing.

Persimmon

Peter Graham said:
Marv said:

Do you know I forgot that was originally there.

Mine washed off so its only the blue colour and despite lots of washes and tumble drying ( probably why the transfer has disappeared !1) the shape and size has held true

Its quite a heavy weight - not a flimsy T shirt weight - T shirt
So you can buy its thats the only reason against

wop54

Persimmon said:
Peter Graham said:
Marv said:

Do you know I forgot that was originally there.

Mine washed off so its only the blue colour and despite lots of washes and tumble drying ( probably why the transfer has disappeared !1) the shape and size has held true

Its quite a heavy weight - not a flimsy T shirt weight - T shirt
So you can buy its thats the only reason against
I read it once and then forgot to have read it :( , hope the transfer on mine will disappear as well.... I will let you know... :)

wop54

Just received my great escape sweater: it seems good quality, the transfer is almost invisible and probably will fade away soon...
Hope you appreciate that I've spared you my ugly face :)
1f007aba.jpg

a770aab0.jpg

b852bd63.jpg

Marv

Looks good Carlo, one question on the second photo showing the back on the t-shirt, where you are pointing is that where the transfer is on the side or is it directly on the back of the shirt.

Also what size did you order and would you say that the sizing is a true fit to your size in other t-shirts etc.

wop54

Marv said:
Looks good Carlo, one question on the second photo showing the back on the t-shirt, where you are pointing is that where the transfer is on the side or is it directly on the back of the shirt.

Also what size did you order and would you say that the sizing is a true fit to your size in other t-shirts etc.
Paul, the transfer (barely visible) is exactly where i'm pointing, in the second pic. I'm a size 46 the sweater is a XL and has the same sizing of other shirts XL that I have (or a Lacoste 6, if you have one to compare) I like it that way, having a bit of belly to deal with.. :(
As Jaguar pointed out it's long-ish, but hope it will shrink a bit.
Hope this helps!

MikeyB-17

I don't think it's too bad for length-they tend to ride up a bit, so I think Steve's was probably a bit longer than it first appears-

SuperStock_1606-152894.jpg

I have a bog standard sweatshirt which I bought from C&A or similar and cut the sleeves off-does the job very nicely!