• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCPS jacket

USMC_GAU-21

thats the point....no where does it say its authorized for flight operations. also those are Uniform Regs, not NATOPS. Our Aviation Life Support Systems manuals call it out clearly. Thats T.O.'s to USAF guys.

You can't wear it while you are actively performing flight duties. Only approved "organizational" flight clothing will be worn. NOMEX is called out all over the manual.

when I get to my work computer, I will post the Tech-Pub ref.

I know guys do it. I know I did it. but the regs say no leather in the cockpit. (For USN/USMC)

HackerF15E

USMC_GAU-21 said:
thats the point....no where does it say its authorized for flight operations.

I hate to nit-pick, but it doesn't say that flight suits are authorized for flight operations in there, either. In fact, what is authorized for flight is not addressed in that posted snippet at all.

HackerF15E

Weasel_Loader said:
Sounds like arguments I used to have with Quality Assurance and still do as a civilian. :lol:

I know it sounds like I'm being a bit of a tool here, but seriously I'm not. Just trying to wrap my mind around the issue, that's all. As an Air Force guy, I have a good idea how to read, interpret, and live amongst USAF regs, which are written very differently than the Navy stuff.

My seafaring friends have always told me that, when it comes to Navy regulations, "unless it says you can't to it, then you can do it." So, just trying to figure out how this particular piece of regulation applies...especially when I have seen many maritime folks wearing G-1s in flight on a regular basis (in fighters, trainers, and patrol aircraft).

USMC_GAU-21

Hacker,

Your not being a tool. I posted the Uniform Regs, not the flight regs. I did not have access to the Tech-Pub site last night. The uniform regs are clear on how to wear the G-1 during duty hours. That's why I posted it. Sorry for the confusion.

When I get the right regs I will post. If they have changed since 2008 when I retired I will apologize to the forum profusely, but I am pretty darn sure they did not. I still work aboard NAS Pax River and I don't see anyone "flying" in their G-1's and we are a pretty "loose" command as it is a Test & Evaluation community around here. They are all in NOMEX. New and old styles.

I will get the flight regs. And post.

/r/Gy Dan

HackerF15E

USMC_GAU-21 said:
I still work aboard NAS Pax River and I don't see anyone "flying" in their G-1's and we are a pretty "loose" command as it is a Test & Evaluation community around here. They are all in NOMEX. New and old styles.

My experience is with P-3 guys at NAS Whidbey and guys doing joint assignments at Vance AFB and Tinker AFB in OK. Both Navy and USMC guys wearing them in the T-6A and E-6.