• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M41 with nose art and patch of the 100BG

CBI

Fake - more later - the guy is a rip off artist - I have had a bad experience with him - avoid like plague, cross sign, wooden stake, garlic necklace - :evil:

dujardin

hellooooooo,

it was well what i had in idea, just an artwork done late after war.
well late after war, the guy forget to warning everyone ....fresh paint.

byebyeeeeee marcel

CBI

The guy selling this is Brian French (no relation to any VLJ folks!). Most of his items are copies/post war but he sells them as originals. His WWII squadron patch website (most all copies/post war RKO) is a good resource and he has obviously spent some time with this hobby. In a pinch, I ordered a few patches from him a few years ago only to find something else to use within hours of putting my money order to him in the mail. I made many calls (he mentioned that his girlfriend had noticed a number of my calls – on caller ID – but never picked up). I eventually got a hold of him, explained my situation and asked for a refund, it was obvious to me that he did not want to do it, the conversation kept getting diverted by him. I eventually had to ask point blank, “Are you going to give me a refund?” He said “yes” and guess what – after months of emails and phone calls from me – nothing. He didn’t even send me the patches I ordered, no partial refund, nothing. I consider this criminal. I simply would not buy again and caution anyone to be VERY careful. I see his eBay feedback is 100% - big deal. Again – most of his patches are copies not real but do we see this spelled out???? In all of my years of collecting, I would consider him the sleaziest. Oh, by the way, we are talking about $275.00!!!!!!!!

dujardin

thanks CBI to explain us your disagreements with this seller.
i will try to remember him and never buy something.

maybe we could create a post where everyone may prevent the other members of bad seller on ebay.
simply to avoid such bad history.
just a clic on the post and you have all the name in one time

byeeeee marcel

havocpaul

That might cause certain legal problems, here in UK we have to add allegedly to any comments. I had assumed some of the patches on his site might have been post-war 'copies' but it serves a one-stop reference to what they looked like. We can certainly make a mental note of the issues and add him to that man in Spain as a possible problem.

Tim P

I painted that design on a wrinkled grained aero a2 about 12 years ago. probably my favourite a2 art.
Anyone interested, I can replicate it on a buzz rickson M41 ;) :eek: