• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M1938 MACKINAW JEEP JACKET

Grant

Like some others recently turning up nice original jackets, file this one under, they are still out there!
Recently found this clean example the pre-war US Army Mackinaw jacket. Since it was originally designed to be worn over a uniform, it's quite comfortable over an A-2. It'll be a nice way to extend wearing an A-2 in colder weather. It's lined in heavy wool so should be quite warm.

J4.jpg
J2.jpg
J3.jpg

warguy

Grant that looks nice on you and is a an excellent example. I found two of these in October at a garage sale from a 30 year collector. One was the early light khaki color and the other looked a lot like yours. NEITHER was nearly that nice condition wise. Congrats, and you are right, stuff is still out there. Kevin

Chandler

As much as I really like this coat and think it's classic WW2, I can't see myself donning one for every day wear.

Would love to, but I'd feel pretty self-conscious.

When ATF made their repro they said it was the warmest coat in their stock.