• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M-445A restoration update,

JonnyCrow

Right you all remember the state of this jacket albeit shot to pieces, well, still loads more to do but it's gone from this, to this, now I've actually pieced it together, the fine work begins smoothing out the filling/sculpting paste and then totally recolouring the skin back to a match with the rest and then refeeding it allover again but it's a sight better than the dried out flea bitten sorry thing that arrived haha it still looks a little worse than it is but then look at the before pics
MVIMG_20221114_144508.jpg

Last edited:

JonnyCrow

Yes it's made by seisso, professional leather and vinyl repair kit, it sands and smooths very well also

Last edited:

JonnyCrow

Pretty amazing results! You have a bright future in the shearling repair business.
This is also probably one of the worst damaged I've seen, rehydrating the skin was probably half the job before I could even touch it, when many thought it was impossible, it may not be able to be worn but it will make a nice display jacket when I'm finished:D

JonnyCrow

I'm quoting Burt B-man2 on what he recently said on another original old jacket ' My thoughts on original A2’s are that we should make an effort to restore those that are in bad shape in order to preserve the jacket and it’s history. If a jacket is in bad shape and nothing is done to try to save the jacket, in time it will only continue to go down hill until any attempt at restoration is useless. By giving it to someone who can offer the jacket new life and save the jacket from total destruction, I think that is the proper way to save these jackets for another 80 years. I realize this is just my opinion so if anyone feels differently please post your opinions ' my thoughts exactly, it's why I attempted this