• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M-422A DMUND T. CHURCH CO. inc.

tamoko

Very nice exemplar M-22A in good condition .

e1ce_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/Awesome-Pre-War-Original-USN-G-1-Leather-Flight-Jacket_W0QQitemZ190234593069

Jaydee

tamoko said:
M-422A normally one size bigger. I think this one will fit 38 -40 modern.
I doubt it. Although there are some size variations with the early Navy Flight Jackets, it is mainly between the different manufacturers, not the Type of jacket (M-422a). I have tried on jackets from a lot of different manufacturers M-422 to present G-1, and found the variations very slight. Maybe 1/2 size big at the most. I have never tried on a E Church, but I would be careful assuming that the size would be 2 to 4 sizes big.
I guess size only matters if you plan on wearing it! :)

hacker

Jaydee said:
tamoko said:
M-422A normally one size bigger. I think this one will fit 38 -40 modern.
I doubt it. Although there are some size variations with the early Navy Flight Jackets, it is mainly between the different manufacturers, not the Type of jacket (M-422a). I have tried on jackets from a lot of different manufacturers M-422 to present G-1, and found the variations very slight. Maybe 1/2 size big at the most. I have never tried on a E Church, but I would be careful assuming that the size would be 2 to 4 sizes big.
I guess size only matters if you plan on wearing it! :)

Ed Church M422a jackets are always larger then their stated size. A size 36 would safely be a 38, or even a snug 40 if stated by some of the other makers.

Hacker

Jaydee

hacker said:
Ed Church M422a jackets are always larger then their stated size. A size 36 would safely be a 38, or even a snug 40 if stated by some of the other makers.
Well then....there you have it. I havent got my hands on a Church to try on yet but they seem to be a solid, quality Jacket MFGer.