• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M-41 field jacket

Peter Graham

I can't remember if I've posted pics of this one before. If I have, I apologise. Good M-41's are hard to come by but a few years ago I was fortunate to pick up this excellent example. It's had very little wear and is completely unfaded from the original pea green shade. All original buttons are present and correct and it's got a lovely Crown zipper. The slider is identical to the Chevron zippers found on flight jackets but the teeth are different. The jacket has no fraying around the cuffs or collar, a common fault with M-41's and it's still got the flimsy cotton QM tag in the pocket. It's tagged 36R but fits like a generous 38. I'm very fond of this jacket. It has a lovely vintage cut and can be worn out without anyone knowing that it's a military jacket at all.

M-41001.jpg

M-41004.jpg

M-41002.jpg

M-41005.jpg

M-41003.jpg

M-41007.jpg

havocpaul

A fantastic jacket, Peter. I have always loved the design of the M-41, never dates and can be worn as a modern casual jacket aswell as a military jacket. I have not managed to find a decent original to fit me (42 chest) and regret selling one I had in the late 1970's which I wore frequently, nearly as much as my Harringtons!

arclight

Holy cow Peter! You've got the holy grail of the M-41 field jackets. Wonderful condition and looks like a terrific fit as well. Grab your M-1 helmet and Garand and you'd fit right in with the Saving Private Ryan squad.

Looks great!

Grant

Peter, Finding an M-41 in that pristine of condition is rarer than finding a good A-2 these days. Congratulations!!!

dujardin

splendid Peter,

real good condition. perfect.

i'm happy that i found one some month ago.
not as perfect as yours but not far.

byeeeee marcel

bazelot

That's an awesome jacket Peter. I do not own a M-41 but I have several of its Navy counterpart and they are just great jackets. I wear mine all the time. It's perfect for the weather here.
The M-41s are a tad more expensive though if I recall.

watchmanjimg

I've always admired that one, Peter, and it fits you well. However, I can't resist the urge once again to gloat about this unissued gem:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

M41s002.jpg
M41s008.jpg
M41s006.jpg

M41s004.jpg
M41s005.jpg

And here's how it looks when worn:
M41s009.jpg
M41s010.jpg

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Peter Graham

Jim, you've got me beat there. That can't be bettered. If anyone owns examples of the first model with the flapped pockets or the Arctic M-41, or any original M-41 for that matter, I'd love to see some photos.

Andrew

Great jackets guys and the look is excellent. I'm wearing my lowly ATF today as a matter of fact.

I'd also like to see some shots of a Parsons if anyone has one as I prefer the style.

watchmanjimg

The first-pattern OD field jacket had flapped pockets and no epaulets. There was also an arctic version of the M41 with blanket lining and longer body.

EmergencyIan

Great looking M-41's, guys!

I used to own an original M-41 in almost mint condition. It even had an original Rangers "Sunoco" Lozenge attached to it. I wore it out 5 or 6 times, but ws always afraid that I would damage it. So, I ended up selling it to a collector who was going to display it.

Now, I own the new Buzz Rickson repro and it looks and feels like it was taken out of a time machine. Plus, there's no guilt or worry when wearing it.

- Ian