• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lotsa Jackets This Season

Atticus

Not sure where to place this post. Mods, feel free to move it if necessary. Its Monday morning and I just feel like yammering.

As I've mentioned, I've recently lost a bit of weight. And the weather in North Carolina is now finally cold enough to wear jackets. So I'm like a kid in a candy shop trying to decide which jacket to wear. Jackets that haven't fit in two years are now loose on me. Also, I've scored some new (to me) jackets in the last six or so months. In addition to my new Goodwear, I've got Clark's old '67 Star, a '70 Brill, a first-edition CWU-45/P, a mint M-65, and a funky old M-51---all begging to be worn.

But here's one of my favorite jackets that I haven't been able to comfortably wear for at least two seasons and I'm wearing it today. It's my old Orchard A-2. In my opinion, Orchard was the only one of the new A-2 producers that seemingly tried to make a WWII-cut jacket. As compared to Saddlery and Avirex A-2s, it has higher arm holes, a slimmer body, and more deco-styled pocket flaps. It also has really nice, thick goatskin leather.

The photo is old. Many of you have seen it before. But it shows the jacket pretty well. By the way, the patch was given to me by a friend who knows how much I love to track tropical weather. Its from one of the Air Force Hurricane Hunter squadrons, but I can't recall which one.

Dscn3647-2.jpg

AF

Swing

Re: Lotsa Jackets, This Season

I don't know if it's old age (not that 32 is exactly old), but man, I'm not ready for winter this year, and the cold weather we've had so far has hurt. Hurt my hands, made bones muscles ache, and I've had two colds already. I wore my B-15 today, and honestly I'm ready to get my B-6 out and put all my other jackets away. Today it's low 40s with windchills putting it near freezing, rain and snow predicted for later today. I don't know what I'm going to do a month from now when it's really cold. I do know I'm going to order an N-3B sometime soon, so I've got something nice and warm to put when I have to take the dog out.

~Swing

Vcruiser

44 degrees for a high today in Hoosierland...with a howling bone chilling wind and light rain(chance of flurries later). Certainly B-6 weather that came on suddenly. Really cramps my style as far as riding the MC...or two seater top down travel. Limits me to turning on the heat in the shop..and catching up on artwork. I usually enjoy Indiana autumn and pulling out the leather...but never been much of a winter lover. This crap...sucks....
Van

Stony

Unseasonably warm here in the Seattle area and a wopping 64 degrees and sunny. Usually this time of year we are well into the low 50s with rain. A-2 weather, but nothing more at this point.

Roughwear

Here in the UK we have the start of a cold snap and my ELC B15 has come in useful. If it gets any colder it will be a B3 or an Irvin!