• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

looking for colors of these WW2 emblems..................

EMBLEMHUNTER

The following is a listing of WW-2 US Navy flying unit emblems of which I have a black and white image of back and needing the colors to them, if you can help on any of these I would appreciate hearing from you , much thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny
VF-8 (disney design-tophatted "Bomb" with body/boxing gloves standing on cloud)
VF-13 (disney design)
VF-25 (disney design)
VF-41(disney design)
VF-45
VF(N)-74
VF(N)-108
VBF-9 2 versions/variations need color to both)
VBF-13(disney design)
VBF-20(disney design)
VBF-88
VT-6 (winged torpedo flying over water)
VT-9(cartoon Squirrel riding on top of two torpedos with riens)
VT-30
VT-33
VT-45
VT(N)-50
VT(N)-53 (disney design)
VT-84 (disney design)
VT-94
VB-22
VP-43
VP-45(disney design)
VP-62
VB-88
VPB-98(disney design)
VB-102(disney design)
VP-107
VPB-208
VP-212
ZP-14(disney design)
ZP-17
ZP-24
ZP-41
VC-41(disney design)
VC-68(disney design)
VC-77
VC-94(disney design)
VS-34(disney design)
CASU-44
FASRON-52
FASRON-115

Th Th Th Th That's all Folks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unclegrumpy

Re: looking for colors of these WW2 emblems.................

I will see if I have any of these designs in my files.

shedonwanna

small, but maybe this will help with vp-45...
vp45logo1.jpg

EMBLEMHUNTER

Thanks to both "Unclegrumpy" and "Shedonwanna" , the color VP-45 will help a lot on my black and white image !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny

unclegrumpy

Check this site out:

http://bluejacket.com/index_patch_picture.html

They have a few patches on your want list, though some of their images are a bit suspect as far as being shots of original patches. Many are postwar designs, but some of those are hard to find color images of as well.

All in all they did a nice job covering a lot of ground.

EMBLEMHUNTER

Been to that site quite some time ago , not much there I haven't already seen, and none of the ones I need , thanks for the note about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny

unclegrumpy

EMBLEMHUNTER said:
Been to that site quite some time ago , not much there I haven't already seen, and none of the ones I need , thanks for the note about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny
There were a couple on there that were on your list.

EMBLEMHUNTER

They are probably the "variations " of what I have , I looked them over and did not see the ones I have shown on the site .................
Some patches had 2-3 variations at times and this is what makes it difficut to track them down .
Johnny

jbmilart

There is a out of print book available, called "Official and Unofficial, US NAVY AIR PATCHES 1920s to Today" By Derek Nelson and Dave Parsons on Amazon.com, for about 10 bucks... it might help you a little.

Jim

EMBLEMHUNTER

jbmilart said:
There is a out of print book available, called "Official and Unofficial, US NAVY AIR PATCHES 1920s to Today" By Derek Nelson and Dave Parsons on Amazon.com, for about 10 bucks... it might help you a little.

Jim
Hey Jim , thanks for the note , but I picked up that book some years ago .
The ones on my list are mostly the "Unofficial" types put out by either "Disney" or other ones that are just unusual and that makes them tough to find, some may have never been made into patches and just the drawings ,and the units went on to other designs.

I know Disney submitted a lot of deisgns to units for "approval" and many for whatever reason didn't get picked/used, others were I think just very short lived or not well documented, I know there's a couple of people out there on forums that have many of the Disney ones I need , it's just a matter of getting them to "share" .......................................................

Anyway, it's a fun and on going hobby that I enjoy to do !
Johnny