• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Longest Eastman A-2

redsox78

Hi all,

I'm looking to get a new Eastman, having previously had a 27752 before they went to the new hide. That jacket was a 44", and it was a bit too big in the chest so I sold it and I'm going to get a 42". To me it did feel a bit short (not so short that I wouldn't get another) but I was just wondering if any other patterns (including the house and 50. cal) are a bit longer?

My other debating point is, do I stick with a 2775 or go for a Monarch as I just love the look of the new warhorse. Any views? One thing about the new warhorse I was wondering though, is there any reason to think its less durable than the old warhorse?

Cheers!

JonP.s. if any of you have a 42" you feel like selling, let me know. ;)

atkins

I'm a rough wear fans myself, but Monarch ELC is very rarely appeared on Ebay and in here too, i think people are liking their Monarch very much ( i also heard it's more comfy fit than a Rough Wear) . Have you seen John Lever's ELC 27752?

delta102uk

I used to have a similar problem, always used to go for a 44 in an Aero or Eastman....the Aero's fit okay but always felt a bit roomy, I tried a few ELC house jackets in the past but the 42 felt too small and the 44 too big and blousey!...Then I discovered the perfect fitting ELC A-2...A Monarch (see pic). Of all the repro's i've tried including LW, RMNZ, GW and Aero this is by far the most authentic and comfortable fit. (I'm 6ft 1" and 178lbs).

078-2.jpg

Sean K

Doug C

ELC always does a great job on their sleeves. That looks perfect for you Sean, not at all too big - yet not too snug either.

Pete17

I'm 6'5" and Gary was great in getting my RW 1401 to fit perfectly. No extra cost.
Superb jacket!

Marrk

Great looking jacket, Sean.

You're about my size. I'm 6'1" and 170 lbs. So, what size is that Monarch you're wearing? 44?

And what is your sleeve length?

Thanks.

Mark

delta102uk

Marrk said:
Great looking jacket, Sean.

You're about my size. I'm 6'1" and 170 lbs. So, what size is that Monarch you're wearing? 44?

And what is your sleeve length?

Thanks.

Mark

Thanks Mark....it's certainly my favourite repro A-2 to date (and I've had a few!) yes it's a 42" reg...sleeve length is aprox 24" including cuff..if you're tall and slim then this jacket is perfect...

Cheers
Sean K

Marrk

Thanks, Sean.

I have long arms -- approx 34.5 in. in a dress shirt measurement. Think your 42 Monarch would do for me?

Mark

delta102uk

Marrk said:
Thanks, Sean.

I have long arms -- approx 34.5 in. in a dress shirt measurement. Think your 42 Monarch would do for me?

Mark

I have long arms too!...but the Monarch's arm length is spot on for me...you could always try a 42 regular and if the arms are too short you could exchange it for a 42 Long...

Sean K