• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lightly worn CC Irvin size 5

rich

It's a beaut isn't it ................... 65 years young. Care to take a punt on the maker Andrew?

Roughwear

My money would be on Wareings. It has the slightly wider belt loops, 8 under-arm gromits arranged in the same way as on other jackets by this maker from the mid-late War period and the centrally stitched rounded leather pulls which features of Wareings. It also has the closer pile sheepskin for the cuffs, hem and hood which again are characteristic of Wareings. Here's the link to a Wareings Irvin which I recently sold and you can see how similar they are (hood excluded!)

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4241

Hawkeye

tamoko said:

translates to roughly 415 GBP. Not a totally out of the park price, high for a CC jacket yes but its large size and excellent condition certainly helped push it up.

A

Anonymous

Andrew, you're right. Unfortunately someone else has been flooding the market with good Irvins and the market may have become depressed ! ;)

rich

JACKET_ HEAD said:
Andrew, you're right. Unfortunately someone else has been flooding the market with good Irvins and the market may have become depressed ! ;)

Dave, would you care to name and shame this infernal bounder? :D

A

Anonymous

Not you Rich !! ;)

All I would say is that in light of the lowering of the price of Irvins due to the glut of them that has made people think that they are more numerous than they are is that if I had one I'd wait awhiles 'til i put it on Greedbay !!

J_H

Roughwear

The recession coupled with people putting them on with a high start price(and they don't sell) has lowered the price of most Irvins. Exceptional Irvins still sell well.